Easy Roasted Rack of Lamb
This Easy Roasted Rack of Lamb comes out perfect every time with minimal effort. Even a kitchen beginner will look like a seasoned chef with this recipe.
Can you believe that Christmas next week? Seriously – it’s just a few days away now! I swear, it sneaks up on me somehow every year. And every single year, I tell myself next year will be different. Next year, I will be organized & not procrastinate. Then that next year comes, and all I can say is ‘dangit (or something to that effect, this is a PG website) I did it again. And so the cycle repeats.
‘Tis the season.
‘Tis also the season for special occasion meals – like prime rib & roasted rack of lamb. (cue applause)
Prime rib & roasted rack of lamb are my top two favorite special occasion main courses to serve. And while I have 3 recipes published on the blog already for methods to make prime rib (Foolproof Prime Rib, Deep Fried Prime Rib, & Crusted Prime Rib) – I don’t have a single recipe on here for rack of lamb… or even a lamb recipe period to the best of my knowledge. I think it’s time we changed that.
This, my friends, is how I make Rack of Lamb – and it comes out perfect & succulent every single time without fail with very minimal effort. This is most definitely a very easy recipe that even a kitchen beginner can come out looking like a seasoned chef.
I first marinate it in a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, & fresh rosemary sprigs inside of a ziplock bag. Marinade it for 2-8 hours (at least 2, up to 8 hours) & bring it to room temperature before cooking. Remove it from the ziplock bag & place it in your roasting vessel of choice. For me, it’s a cast iron skillet all the way, I just love my cast iron pieces & how they cook… but you can use just a plain baking sheet lined with foil or roasting pan too.
Roast the rack of lamb at 375 for 20-30 minutes, depending on how done you like your lamb. The internal temperature should reach at least 130-140°F for medium rare. If you’d like some char, broil for 2-3 minutes before taking it out.
Cover, and let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing & serving.
Easy Roasted Rack of Lamb
- 1 rack of lamb (or more if you need to, just increase the herbs & oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Massage the rack of lamb with the olive oil & garlic – place into a resealable plastic bag to marinade. Place 3 sprigs of the rosemary under the rack of lamb & 3 on top of the rack of lamb. Marinate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Place the rack of lamb in a cast iron skillet, foil lined baking sheet, or roasting pan. Lay the 3 rosemary sprigs under the roast & 3 on the roast, like you did when marinating (use the same ones). Season the rack of lamb with salt & pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on how done your like your lamb. The internal temperature should reach 130-140 for medium rare.
- Turn the oven up to broil for a couple minutes to put a char on the outside if you desire. Remove from the oven & let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!