BLT Pasta Salad
This BLT Pasta Salad has all the BLT flavors that you love combined in one of the most delicious pasta salads ever. This needs to be on your table this Summer!
Fresh garden tomatoes are the absolute best thing about summer. Absolute best.
I grow a ton of tomatoes every summer because I love them so much. This summer, I’ve got 20 tomato plants growing. I grow Romas for canning (they are less juicy than other tomato varieties so they work great for making tomato sauce & paste) & Brandywine, Better Boy, Cherokee Purple, & Cherry tomatoes for eating fresh, mostly on BLT’s.
In the summer, I practically live off of BLTs y’all. I just adore them. The flavors are perfect. Sometimes I’ll put pimento cheese on my BLT & it’s absolute heaven. I started thinking how good a BLT pasta salad would be, so I went to Mr. Google to see if I could find a recipe. There were a few out there…. and I tried a few of them but they all seemed to be missing something. So, I played around with the flavors & came up with my own BLT Pasta Salad concoction & I have to say that it’s pretty darn delicious.
The key to getting this pasta salad just right is easy. Stir together all the ingredients – except the bacon & lettuce – and let it rest in the fridge overnight. Right before you are about to serve it, stir in the lettuce & bacon. This will keep them both from getting all soggy – ‘cus no one wants a BLT with a soggy LT.
This BLT Pasta Salad is addictive. And it’s also my lunch today. If you need me, I’ll be over there –>> eating the whole salad bowl full of this…
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 16oz box bowtie pasta, cooked according to box directions & cooled
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes sliced in half OR diced tomatoes
- heaping 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion finely diced (Vidalia is great if you can get them!)
- 10 slices cooked bacon crumbled (or more if you want!)
- 2.5 to 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together all ingredients except for the bacon & lettuce. Refrigerate overnight.
- Stir in the lettuce & bacon right before serving.
I love these flavors together!
Pingback: Meal Plan Monday 170 - Mrs Happy Homemaker
Pingback: Sausage and Eggplant Greek Pasta Salad - Mrs Happy Homemaker
These are really mouth watering, simple, and must try recipe. I really loved this very much
This was so tasty!! Will make it again