Blueberry Cream Cake
Blueberry Cream Cake – fresh blueberries, dollops of warm cream, light vanilla cake…. in other words, straight out perfection! Bonus points – the recipe is EASY!
I have been making this Peaches & Cream Cake for nearly 2 decades. I published it on the blog back in 2010, and it is my favorite fruit recipe by far. I have made this recipe hundreds of times over the years if not thousands & everyone who has ever sank there teeth into it have gushed over how good it was and asked for the recipe (which is super simple by the way). Thru all the hundreds & thousands of times that I have made this glorious recipe, for some reason – it has never come to my mind to try it with another fruit until just recently. I have been missing out – heck, we all have! I applied the same recipe but switched out the peaches for blueberries – and oh my word, y’all…. I’m in love! <swoon>
Fresh blueberries. Dollops of cream. Light vanilla cake. All baked into one…. Oh yes. It’s glorious. Someone cue the church choir.
You can even kind of call this a coffee cake…. because when you do that, it’s a solid excuse to have it for breakfast alongside (you guessed it) – coffee. It can be served warm or cold… but warm is SO much better.
Wanna make it? You know you do….
Here’s what you need:
Combine 1.5 cups of self rising flour with 2 3oz boxes of cook & serve vanilla pudding. DO NOT USE INSTANT PUDDING! This is very important – cook & serve only!
In a separate bowl, mix together 1 stick of melted butter, 2 eggs, & 1 cup milk. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour/pudding mixture & beat with an electric mixer (or a whisk) for 2 minutes. Pour the batter into a 9×13 baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Sprinkle 2 heaping cups of blueberries over top of the cake.
Beat together 2 8oz containers of room temperature cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, & 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth & creamy.
Dollop the cream all over the the cake. Like so.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (equal parts cinnamon & sugar) to taste.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Serve warm. It’s SO good!
Blueberry Cream Cake
- 1.5 cups of self rising flour
- 2 3oz boxes of Cook & Serve vanilla pudding (NOT INSTANT!)
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 8oz containers of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping cups fresh blueberries can sub for frozen
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Combine the flour & vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, & milk. Pour the liquid mixture into your flour/pudding mix – and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a cake pan or large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with blueberries.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla extract with an electric mixer until smooth & creamy. Dollop on cream cheese mixture all over the cake batter. Combine 1 tbsp sugar & 1 tbsp cinnamon & sprinkle it on top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
You may also like:
Blueberries & Cream Oat Bars