Broccoli Beef and Brown Rice
This recipe for Broccoli Beef with Brown Rice has all our favorite ingredients – steak, broccoli and brown rice. This dish is super easy to prepare, tastes great and it pretty healthy too.
This dish uses instant brown rice. If you haven’t used brown rice before, it takes longer to cook than regular white rice, so I started it first. You can also make it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to make this dish. Once the rice was started, I quickly cooked the broccoli for a couple of minutes. I bought a sirloin steak from the grocery store and had the butcher slice it up for me. That saved me time and cleanup. I browned the steak and then tossed the broccoli and rice in the skillet. Dinner was ready in about 15 minutes. SO easy!
My husband and I both loved this dish. There was plenty for us to have leftovers for lunch. It tasted great reheated. We will definitely be making this again!
Broccoli Beef & Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Cook brown rice in water according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, blanch broccoli. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute steak until browned. Add the garlic, green onion, soy sauce and broccoli. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add cooked rice to skillet and toss to combine.