This Connoisseur’s Casserole recipe was given to me by my grandmother many moons ago. It has been one of my favorite side dishes since I was a kid!
Connoisseur’s Casserole has been one of my favorite side dishes for quite a many number of years now. It’s SO good.
I remember my grandma making it growing up. My grandpa wasn’t the biggest green bean fan so she didn’t ever make green bean casseroles, but the Connoisseur’s Casserole? Oh, he’d tear it up – and green beans is one of it’s main ingredients. The other ingredients paired with it really makes for a casserole unlike any other – and it’s totally different than a green bean casserole.
I could honestly eat this as a meal instead of a side dish – and sometimes, I actually have. Truth be told, it’s actually really delicious when you add leftover cooked chicken to it before baking, and then still top it with the buttery Ritz cracker topping. I’ve even added a leftover pork chop to it before all diced up and it was incredible. It’s one of those recipes that’s super hard to mess up. Those are the best, don’t you agree?
You will need (full recipe at the bottom of the post):
- white shoepeg corn
- French style green beans
- chopped pimento (from a jar)
- sour cream
- cream of celery soup
- cheddar cheese
- melted butter
- ritz crackers
- salt & pepper
If you use leftover meat, just stir it in with the casserole – then top it with the buttered crackers. It’s so delicious and easy – perfect as a side dish or for a main dish!
- 12oz can white shoepeg corn drained
- 15.5oz can french style green beans drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3oz jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the topping
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- Mix all the ingredients exept for the topping. Place in a 1.5 quart or 2 quart casserole dish.
- MIx the crushed ritz crackers with the melted butter. Sprinkle the buttery ritz crackers over top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, uncovered.
am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!