Crockpot Candied Pecans
These CROCKPOT CANDIED PECANS couldn’t be easier.
And y’all – they are SO delicious. Great for snacks, parties – or pack them in mason jars for the perfect gift!
It’s been a long standing argument between my mother & I on how to pronounce the word ‘pecans’.
Mama says it’s pronounced like ‘puh-cahn’ – while me on the other hand; I say ‘pee-can’. I mean, it’s spelled that way… so it should sound that way as far as I’m concerned. But Mama always comes back with a ‘pee-can’ is something you keep under the bed to pee in. Thankfully, none of us have anything of the sorts under our beds. Indoor plumbing is a beautiful thing. But so is saying the word ‘pecan’ like ‘pee-can’. 😉 hehe
However which way you say the word pecan – they’re glorious, and my favorite nut of all. I can not tell you how many times I buy large bags of pecans, totally intending to use them in a recipe…. only to go to make the recipe and then realize they’re all gone because I snacked on them so much. Oops.
I can eat pecans any way but one of my very favorite way of enjoying them is when they’ve been candied.
Candied pecans are SO delicious, but they are easy to burn in the oven. You really have to watch them. They’re absolutely great that way, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve burnt nuts & bread (never biscuits though, because.. well, biscuits) because I’ve gotten distracted by something else.
These candied pecans are fail-proof though because they incorporate the use of your friendly neighborhood crockpot. Y’all, I love crockpot recipes – and making these delicious candied pecans inside of it makes it the easiest thing ever. Seriously.
They’re perfect for a snack any time of year – super bowl parties, holiday parties, Netflix snack…. But right now – with Christmas in just a couple weeks (yes the countdown is ON!)… think about what a perfect Christmas gift they would make. Just package them up in little mason jars & tie a pretty ribbon around the lid – and you’ll be good to go. Anyone who received one would just love it!
My daughters can’t get enough of them. I mean… look at them. They’re all stalking the food while I’m trying to photograph it. Little candied pecan stalkers… 😉
On a side note, my little boy has the cutest little hands. Just saying. Even if he wouldn’t eat a pecan because he thinks ‘pecans are gross’. (poor thing, pecans are awesome!) But even though he thinks pecans are gross… he still insisted on being my little hand model. So again, aren’t his little hands cute? <insert long awweeeee here> Ok, y’all can carry on now.
Crockpot Candied Pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecans you could use almonds, cashews, or walnuts if you wanted instead
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, & cinnamon, Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white with the vanilla extract until it becomes a little bit frothy.
- Pour the pecans into the bottom of your crockpot, & drizzle with the egg white mixture. Using a fork, stir it all together to evenly coat the pecans. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over top & stir with a fork until all the nuts are evenly coated with sugar.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. Stir every 20 minutes with a fork. When 20 minutes are left on the cook time, pour in the 1/4 cup of water & give it a good stir.
- Once the cooking time is up, spread the nuts out on a cookie sheet to cool for 20 minutes before storing.