Bell Pepper Tacos
I made up these Whole30 compliant BELL PEPPER TACOS while on my January reset. They’re easy, healthy, & SO yummy. Even my kids love them!
Out of all the recipes that I’ve made thus far for my Whole30 January rest, I think that these Bell Pepper Tacos are my very most favorite! Oh wow – I practically inhaled the. Even my kids declared their love for it so you know that’s saying a lot when it comes to a ‘healthy’ recipe. This one is for sure going to be on my dinner table time & time again!
Not only are they delicious, but they are so super easy to whip up.
I like a tender bell pepper with this recipe, so I par-cook my peppers for about 15-20 minutes first. Once they’ve been stuffed with the taco filling, I’ll cook them for another 15 minutes. If you like your bell peppers on the raw-er side, then you can always leave out the pre-cook part.
These only take about 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish making them a super easy dinner idea for even the busiest of nights.
PRINTABLE RECIPE AFTER RECIPE VIDEO!
Bell Pepper Tacos
- 6 bell peppers cut in half - seeds & membranes discarded
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños finely chopped (remove the seeds & membrane if you don't like the heat)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro + 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place halved bell peppers cut side down & bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the ground sirloin, red onion, jalapenos, garlic, & all the dried spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup chopped cilantro & cook for another couple minutes. Drain any grease & scoop the filling into the par-cooked bell pepper halves.
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with salsa.