No Bake Pecan Pie
Love pecan pie but hate the wait & having to heat up your kitchen? Well look no further & check out this No Bake Pecan Pie! Guaranteed to satisfy!
Pecan Pie is by far one of my favorite treats. In fact, I’ve even construed what I consider to be the very best pecan pie I’ve ever tasted. If given the chance, I could easily eat my weight in those yummy pies.
Sometimes we get these cravings though, and we don’t want to wait too long to satisfy them. And sometimes we get them, and it’s so darned hot outside we just don’t feel like heating up our kitchens with the oven. Living in the South during the summer brings the latter one my way quite often!
That’s just a couple of the reasons why you need a No Bake Pecan Pie in your life. Yes, I said no bake – no turning on your oven…. nada. This one is so super simple & fast, you’ll be chomping down on pecan pie in no time. I will admit though, my best-ever pecan pie is still the best ever – but this no-bake version is still super darned delicious and will satisfy those pecan pie cravings in a jiffy.
Here’s what you need:
First, let’s start off my chopping 1 cup’s worth of pecans. Yes, you could buy them already chopped…. but the price is so much lower when you buy the halves and chop them yourselves. Plus, we’re using both chopped & halved here.
Mix together 1/4 cup of cornstarch with a heaping cup of brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Beat together 2 egg yolks, 1-1/4 cup water, & a pinch of salt.
Add the egg yolk mixture to the cornstarch & brown sugar mixture. Stir in the chopped pecans.
Simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat – stir in 3 tablespoons of butter.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract & 1 cup pecan halves.
Pour into a prebaked pie shell. I used an already made shortbread crust.
Garnish with more pecans if desired. Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream.
No Bake Pecan Pie
- 1 heaping cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 premade pie crust such as shortbread, graham cracker, or Oreo
- Mix cornstarch & brown sugar together in a medium saucepan. Beat together the egg yolks, water, & a pinch of salt. Add the egg yolk mixture to the cornstarch mixture along with the chopped pecans.
- Simmer on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Boil for 1 minute, still stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in the butter. Mix in the vanilla extract & pecan halves.
- Pour into premade pie shell. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before eating.