3 Ingredient DIY Face Oil – Great for Anti-Aging!
It’s so simple to make your own DIY face oil & all you need is 3 ingredients. Best of all, you can customize it based on your own skincare needs!
I have a confession to make.
I’m pretty vain when it comes to my skincare. I work really hard to have good skin & to keep it that way. I never go tanning, I wear sunscreen daily, never go to bed with makeup on, & moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I used to buy into the advertising gimmicks & end up dropping some serious cash on products that didn’t work as well as I’d them to, if at all. Don’t even get me on the labels of some of these products – I have no idea what all those words are, nor could I pronounce them if I tried.
I’ve done a serious amount of research on natural skincare over the past few years & have learned so much about what works & what doesn’t. That research brought me to make my own face oil & what a great decision that has been!
If you’ve seen the face oils out in the market, you know that they can run over $100 for a teeny tiny bottle that won’t last you more than a month. However, you don’t have to spend all that money to get a fabulous face oil. All you need are 3 ingredients, and can switch the ingredients I use out for others that would fit your specific skincare needs. For me, I like something that targets anti-aging, reduces pores & fine lines, helps hyper pigmentation, & doesn’t clog your pores.
So, for my favorite serum – I use argan oil, rosehip oil, & lavender oil.
I make 4oz at a time, and for those 4oz – it costs me $20. That amount lasts me for 6-8 months, & I use it every morning and every night on a clean face.
In the container I wish to use, I fill it up between 1/2 & 3/4 of the way with argan oil. Then, I pour in the rosehip oil – pouring in enough to almost fill the bottle. Then, I add lavender oil to finish filling the bottle (about 1 heaping teaspoon per 4oz).
I adore the combination of argan oil, rosehip oil, & lavender oil (fabulous for anti-aging!) – but here’s some other suggestions for you to use to make your very own custom face oil.
I get all my oils from Amazon, & I’ve inserted affiliate links to each oil name to take the guesswork out of finding good quality ones yourself. Just click on the oil that you’re interested in, & it will take you straight to the Amazon listing!
1st ingredient, Base oil (you fill up your container between 1/2 & 3/4 of the way with this)
- argan oil (great for anti-aging – perfect for all skin types, including acne prone skin)
- jojoba oil (great for anti-aging – perfect for all skin types, including acne prone skin) (you can use half argan & half jojoba too)
- sweet almond oil (great oil for all skin types, but takes a lot longer for your skin to absorb)
- apricot kernel oil (best for normal, dry, & aging skin – not the best for acne prone)
- grapeseed oil (good for oily, normal or acne-prone skin. Not the best for dry skin)
- avocado oil (best for dry & aging skin)
- hemp seed oil (great light oil that’s good for any skin type)
2nd Ingredient, Nourishing Oil (add second, filling up container to almost full with it)
- Rosehip Oil (best for regenerating skin cells & is known for it’s firming/anti-aging abilities. Best for dry, normal, & aging skin)
- tamanu oil (best thing to use for acne prone skin, oily skin, & scarred skin)
- borage oil (really high in oleic acid, best for oily & acne prone skin)
- evening primrose oil (good for all skin types – can also be taken internally for acne prone skin)
- neem oil (fabulous for oily & acne prone skin)
3rd Ingredient, Essential Oil (top off your nearly full bottle with this, you don’t need much)
- lavender (great oil for all skin types – healing & calming)
- chamomile (great for all skin types, very healing)
- rose (absolutely incredible for aging skin, but expensive)
- palmarosa (great for acne-prone skin & aging skin)
- lemongrass (brightening & toning – best for normal, oily, or acne prone skin)
- rosemary (best for oily acne-prone skin)