Easy Huevos Rancheros (with leftover meat)
I recently shared with you my recipe for Mexican style meat, and how I take that recipe & turn it into several different meals for my family. These Easy Huevo Rancheros is just one of the many ways I use this meat, and one of my very favorite as well.
If you’ve followed along with my Mexican style meat tutorial, and already have this wonderful base ingredient on hand – then this huevos rancheros ‘recipe’ will be a breeze. I also make these up when I have a little bit of shredded meat leftover from a recipe – anything from leftover pot roast, to pulled pork, even leftover taco filling. It’s a fantastic way to use up leftovers!
If you can fry an egg, then you can make these huevos rancheros.
- ¼-1/2 cup Mexican style meat (or other leftover meat)
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup shredded Pepper Jack or Mont. Jack cheese
- 1 egg
- salsa to taste
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Fry the corn tortilla in the oil on medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side. Drain on a paper towel.
- Fry the egg to desired doneness. Top the corn tortilla with the shredded cheese & top with the hot fried egg. Spoon on the salsa & top with green onions.