My Christmas Food Timeline
- Christmas Stocking Snack (to eat while opening stockings) – Crockpot Hot Cocoa & Grandma Millie’s Oatmeal Cookies
- Christmas Dinner – Prime Rib, Twice Baked Potatoes, Macaroni & Cheese, Praline Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans & Bacon, Cranberry Sauce, Deviled Eggs, Buttermilk Biscuits, Red Velvet Cheesecake
Friday, December 23rd
- Cook the meat for the tamales in the crockpot all day
- Make the horchatta & refrigerate
- Make the cranberry sauce and refrigerate
- Make the Christmas cookies
- Make sure all the Christmas dishes are washed & ready to go
Saturday, December 24
- Make the masa for the tamales, cover the kitchen table with newspaper – and do a tamale assembly line. Refrigerate until ready to steam for that night’s dinner
- Prep the twice baked potatoes & refrigerate
- Prep the praline sweet potatoes & refrigerate
- Make the fruit salad & refrigerate
- Make the deviled eggs & refrigerate
- Make the Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Prep the Breakfast Casserole & refrigerate
- Put the ingredients for the hot cocoa in the crockpot at the same time the tamales go into the steamer basket
Sunday – Christmas! December 25
- As soon as we get up, brew some coffee, preheat the oven, get the breakfast casserole in the oven, and throw a pile of trash bags in the living room to keep the unwrapping of presents trash at bay
- Turn on A Christmas Story on the TV, and get to opening up the Christmas presents!
- Breakfast Casserole should be done by the time all the presents are opened – so time to pull that fruit salad out of the fridge & get to eating!
- Set the table
- Prep the green beans & bacon
- Get the prime rib in the oven
- Pop all the sides from the fridge in the oven an hour before time to eat
- Make the macaroni & cheese
- Make the biscuit dough, and pop them in the oven the minute the sides come out
My little timelines really make everything so much easier because I know what needs to be done at what time – and everything comes off without a hitch.
Are you doing any sort of timeline this year?