I’ve been making this Crockpot Pepperoni Beef for what feels like forever. Well over 15 years now. It’s one of my favorite go-to recipes for a super easy & yummy dinner.
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients (yes, only 4!) and a crockpot. I usually use a chuck roast in this dish but you can also use a cut such as a sirloin tip roast if you like. Since it slow cooks all day, the result is always tender & falling apart. The pepperoncini pepper is not hot at all, so this is not a spicy dish. It just adds the perfect balance of flavor without the heat. My kids LOVE this!
I prefer to serve these on buns as a sandwich (using the juice as an au jus & dipping the sandwich in it… YUM!) – but you can totally eat it as is too. It’s also really good served over rice or noodles – an inside of tortillas or pita bread.
My absolute favorite thing to serve these on are my homemade onion rolls as shown in my pictures. They are SO good!
Crockpot Pepperoncini Beef
- 1 3- pound chuck roast
- 1 16 oz jar pepperoncini peppers liquid too!
- 1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced (optional)
- If you'd like, you can sear the chuck roast on each side to brown - or you can just put it in the crockpot un-seared. I prefer to sear mine first, but it's optional.
- Place the roast in your crockpot. Mix together the beef broth & Italian salad dressing mix with a fork. Pour over the roast. Pour the jar of pepperoncini peppers (and juice!) over top. Add the garlic if you're using it. Put the lid on your slowcooker & cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred with 2 forks & return to the crockpot with the juices.
- Serve. I like mine on sandwich buns (with melted provolone cheese!) served alongside a cup of the au jus from the crockpot to dip my sandwich in. It's also delicious served by itself, or on rice, noodles - or inside a tortilla or pita bread.