Quick and Easy Chicken Crescent Pot Pie
We love this Chicken Crescent Pot Pie! It’s a chicken pot pie with a shortcut method to making it & a crescent roll crust. A delicious quick and easy meal!
This Chicken Crescent Pot Pie is so super easy to make. It’s comfort food in the fast lane!
We all need super quick, super hearty meals that we can get on the table without a ton of effort or time and this is definitely one of those recipes.
Reader Barbara shared with me this recipe for Crescent Turkey Casserole & I love it, but with chicken. I just had to share this recipe with y’all since she was kind enough to share it with me. Thanks Barb!
What do I need to make this Chicken Crescent Pot Pie?
I mentioned this was simple, right?
Here’s the ingredient list. Scroll to the bottom of this post for the printable & screenshotable recipe.
- all purpose flour
- chicken bouillon granules
- garlic powder
- frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- cooked cut up chicken (or turkey)
- a tube of crescent rolls
How do I make it?
In a saucepan, mix the mayo, flour, chicken bouillon, and pepper together until smooth; gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, just a couple of minutes.
Add the mixed vegetables and chicken (or turkey). Transfer to a square casserole dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with the crescent roll dough triangles.
Let it cool for a couple of minutes, then slice it up and serve.
Chicken pot pie, but quick!
Chicken Crescent Pot Pie
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 10oz bag frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1.5 cups chopped chicken (or turkey)
- 1 4oz tube crescent rolls
- salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan, mix first 4 ingredients until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add vegetables and turkey; cook and stir until heated through. Season with garlic powder - and salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles; arrange over turkey mixture. Bake until casserole is heated through and topping is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
This recipe is wonderful! I love that it’s an easily followed recipe, with ingredients that many people have on hand. It’s versatile and canbe made with chicken or turkey but doesn’t require much. It’s the perfect recipe for a single person or couple that doesn’t take long to prepare or cook. Awesome!