Chimichurri Chicken Wings
These Chimichurri Chicken Wings are packed with flavor, healthy, & are so easy to prepare! They are even Whole30 friendly if you leave out the honey!
Once upon a time, I thought you could only serve a chicken wing deep fried, coated in buffalo sauce, & served with a ramekin (a ramekin, not a dipping cup) of ranch dressing. It was the only way that made sense.
But then this thing happens where you get older & your tastebuds change. You begin trying new flavors & realize – huh, there is actually another way to make this taste good than deep frying it & coating it in hot sauce, butter, & ranch. Go figure.
These Chimichurri Chicken Wings are the very first chicken wing recipe that made me realize they don’t really need to be served in typical hot wing fashion for them to be delicious. I mean, just look at these beauties.
I’m begging to drool a little over here.
Good thing I made a ton & I’ve still got some in the fridge leftover. These are great reheated!! Speaking of… BRB. 😉
They are simple as can be to make.
You just mix up the chimichurri & pour about half of it over the chicken wings & give them a good mix. You want to reserve some of it to glaze your wings with once they’re done cooking. I like to put on plastic gloves and then use my hands to make sure that the wings are evenly coated.
Lay them out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. OR – you can also put these in your air fryer. They are delicious either way, but I did a side by side comparison between the two methods the last time that I made these & I think that I slightly prefer the air fryer just by a pinch because they get a tad bit crisper in there.
They cook up beautifully, y’all. Make sure you serve them up with the reserved chimichurri – give the wings a little brushing of it just before serving. Oh, they’re so good.
They also air fry up beautifully….
If you don’t use the honey, they’re also Whole30 friendly!
Chimichurri Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings mix of drums & flats
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- the zest from 2 limes
- the juice from 2 limes
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- a few pinches red pepper flakes optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the chicken wings to make the chimichurri. Set aside about 1/3 cup of the chimichurri for later to glaze the cooked wings with.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl. Pour the remaining chimichurri (not the 1/3 that you reserved!) over the chicken wings & give it a good toss to completely coat. Let sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Place parchment paper over large baking sheets. Dredge the wings in the marinade again & then place them in an even layer on the baking sheets. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Flip the wings & cook for another 20-25 minutes - until they have reached the doneness that you desire. Brush generously with the remaining sauce.
- Alternatively; cook the wings in the air fryer at 380 for about 25-30 minutes.