Quick Pizza Casserole
Hey Friends! I’m Crystal’s friend, Christy from Southern Plate and I’m putting up some guest posts for her. Today is the first of many so make sure you tune in often. To read about what happened with Crystal, please click here. We are asking that you please share links to your favorite MrsHappyHomemaker recipes on your Facebook and Pinterest pages as a means of helping Crystal’s blog continue to flourish in her absence. Thank you so much for all of your love and prayers.
Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie, and I blog at PlainChicken.com. I like to say Plain Chicken is anything BUT plain chicken! I make quick and easy recipes, most of which are ready in under 30 minutes. I am super excited to share a super quick and easy recipe with you today! It is a twist on my all-time favorite food, pizza!!!
We eat pizza at least once a week in our house. I am always looking for a new twist to keep pizza night interesting. This pizza casserole was a nice change. It was quick and easy to make. The kids could even help make this for dinner.
Fill the casserole with your favorite pizza toppings. I used sausage and pepperoni. Next time I might do a veggie pizza casserole with green peppers, onions, olives and mushrooms. Get creative! The possibilities are endless! You could even use alfredo sauce in place of the pizza sauce.
If you are looking to cut back on fat and calories you could use Heart Healthy Bisquick,low fat milk, turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni. You can even make this gluten-free with the new Gluten-Free Bisquick mix. Either way, it will be delicious!
Quick Pizza Casserole
- 3 1/3 cups Bisquick
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 14-16oz jar pizza sauce
- 1/2 7oz package pepperoni
- 1/2 lb sausage cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together Bisquick, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and milk. Drop half of dough by heaping tablespoons in bottom of prepared pan. It will not cover entire pan. Spread half of sauce over dumplings. Top with half of sausage, pepperoni and cheese.
- Drop remaining dough in pan and top with remaining sauce, sausage, pepperoni. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle oregano over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until dumplings are done and cheese is bubbly.