Shrimp Scampi Po’ Boys (on garlic bread)
Shrimp Scampi Po Boys – delicious shrimp scampi sandwiched in between the best garlic bread. This sandwich is pretty epic!
The following recipe came to me only because I was out of lettuce. Yep.
I set to making a traditional po’ boy, but before I got started I realized I was completely out of lettuce. I didn’t want to make a grocery run, so I decided to make shrimp scampi instead. But wait – I had already made the french bread, and it smelled too good not to use right then. That’s when the foodie idea gates opened up in my head, and I knew what I was going to do.
Shrimp Scampi Po’ Boys – sandwiched in GARLIC BREAD.
Oh yeah. This isn’t your typical shrimp po boy. This is pretty special indeed.
And it is every bit of amazing that I’m sure you’re imagining that it is at this very moment. Every. Single. Bit.
All the po boys wants to be like this po boy when they grow up 😉
What do you serve with Shrimp Scampi Po Boys?
These are pretty filling on their own, so usually all on their own or with a big salad. I really like this Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing with this po boy. Another favorite salad is just a large container of premade salad mix and my favorite homemade balsamic dressing.
Y’all need to get this recipe. Print it, screenshot it, recite it to yourself over and over til you remember it… just make it! It’s pretty dang fabulous.
Quick Time Saving Tip!
I have been known to sometimes bypass this recipe for scampi when Im short on time or don’t have any shallots on hand and use my simple 3 Ingredient Shrimp Scampi-ish because I always have the ingredients on hand for it.
Shrimp Scampi Po’ Boys (On Garlic Bread)
- 2 pounds raw shrimp tails removed & deveined
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 6 cloves garlic minced & divided
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 bunches green onions chopped & divided
- 2 loaves french bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt 1 stick of butter. Stir in the shrimp. 3 cloves of minced garlic, shallots, & 1 bunch of chopped green onions. Cook for 6-10 minutes on medium-high heat, or until the shrimp is done. Season with salt & pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Combine the other stick of softened butter, 3 cloves minced garlic, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, & the other half of the green onions. Cut your french bread in half lengthwise, & hollow out the insides halfway. Spread on the butter/mayo mixture. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the bread is toasty.
- Sandwich the shrimp in between the bread. Serve & enjoy.