Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream – Dairy Free
It only has 3 ingredients, so it’s definitely easy & budget friendly – plus you can pronounce all the ingredients in it! Definitely a plus in my book. You don’t even have to have an ice cream maker to pull if off either, although you can use one for faster preparation.
Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 2 14oz cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean split & insides scraped out with a knife (you can also substitute 2 tablespoons of real vanilla extract for the vanilla beans)
- Thoroughly combine the coconut milk, honey, & the insides of the vanilla bean with a whisk or electric mixer. Make sure you beat it well for the honey to combine with the coconut milk.
- If using an ice cream maker, follow the manufacturers instructions. Afterwards, place the ice cream in a covered freezer-safe container & freeze for a few hours for flavors to meld & for the ice cream to firm up.
- Alternatively, if not using an ice cream maker, place the combined mixture into a glass or steel bowl, cover with plastic wrap, & freeze – removing every hour to whisk it until it’s the desired consistency. This will last 1-2 weeks in the freezer.