Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream – Dairy Free
It only has 3 ingredients, so it’s definitely easy & budget friendly – plus you can pronounce all the ingredients in it! Definitely a plus in my book. You don’t even have to have an ice cream maker to pull if off either, although you can use one for faster preparation.
- 2 (14oz) cans full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split & insides scraped out with a knife (you can also substitute 2 tablespoons of real vanilla extract for the vanilla beans)
- Thoroughly combine the coconut milk, honey, & the insides of the vanilla bean with a whisk or electric mixer. Make sure you beat it well for the honey to combine with the coconut milk.
- If using an ice cream maker, follow the manufacturers instructions. Afterwards, place the ice cream in a covered freezer-safe container & freeze for a few hours for flavors to meld & for the ice cream to firm up.
- Alternatively, if not using an ice cream maker, place the combined mixture into a glass or steel bowl, cover with plastic wrap, & freeze – removing every hour to whisk it until it’s the desired consistency. This will last 1-2 weeks in the freezer.