Butter pecan is one of my favorite flavors. I grew up eating it from as early as I can remember because it’s my Mama’s favorite flavor of ice cream. It’s a classic & oh so good. A while back, I made a Butter Pecan Layer Cake & it was one of the best things ever. (Seriously – like if you love butter pecan and cake… you need to go and make that. It’s full of yummy) Ever since making that cake, any recipe I see involving butter pecan makes me salivate.
So, when I came across a recipe in my latest Food Network magazine – I knew I had to make it. I followed the recipe exactly… to the T. Twice. Both times, let’s just say I had to soak my pot a lot. It was a mess. I wanted it to work so bad – but both batches failed terribly. What’s a girl to do? Google obviously. 😉 I found another recipe on allrecipes that had the exact same ingredients but different instructions. And you know what? It turned out perfectly. It turned out so good, I’ve made it 3 times since.
I am head over heels in love with this recipe.
It’s so easy to make & it’s absolutely delicious.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a heavy saucepan - bring the butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, white sugar, & salt to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove pot from the heat.
- Stir in the pecans and vanilla. Add the confections' sugar & stir until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container.