Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
The idea of these mini Oreo cheesecakes came to me several years ago when reading a recipe that called for a vanilla wafer as the base of the cheesecakes. I thought, ‘Wow, I bet an OREO would be awesome in a recipe like this’. And so this recipe was born. No lie – I have actually had neighbors (plural, as in from different households) show up at my front door – tin foil in hand – waiting for me to load them up on these delicious treats.
This is all that you need:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together the eggs, sugar, cream cheese, & vanilla extract using an electric mixer.
Lightly grease a muffin pan. Put one oreo in each one of the 12 cups. Fill to the top with the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for about 20 minutes. Set on a wire cooling rack until cooled completely.
Now, you can just be done here, and they are wonderful! Or, you can take a step further & add some chocolate to it. Now, I am a chocla-holic, so this step is mandatory for me.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips by cooking on 15 second intervels, stirring each time, until completely melted.
Dip the bottoms of the mini cheesecakes into the chocolate, & using a small spoon, cover the tops of them with chocolate too. Don’t worry if they aren’t perfectly covered…gives it character! Carefully place them on a baking sheet covered with wax paper – or use a silicone baking board as I do.
To make for a prettier presentation, you can also just dip the bottoms of them into the melted chocolate, & after removing – drizzle more on the tops for that ‘ooh la la’ effect.
- half a package of Oreos
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 (8oz) packages of room temp. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, & vanilla extract.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan. Put an Oreo cookie in each one of the 12 muffin cups. Fill to the top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- If desired, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted. Dip the bottoms of the mini cheesecakes in the melted chocolate, & cover the tops using a spoon. You can also just dip the bottoms, and drizzle the chocolate on top for a prettier presentation.
- Set the chocolate covered cheesecakes on wax paper, or another non stick surface until set. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top if desired.