I love this One Pot Chili Macaroni & Cheese SO much! Even my picky 4 year old & even pickier 13 year old can’t get enough of this one. It’s a keeper!
This One Pot Chili Macaroni & Cheese is a recipe that I’ve been intending to share with you for quite some time now, and I’m thrilled that I’ve finally gotten around to it because this recipe is phenomenal. Plus it’s super duper easy.
My whole family loves this meal – and that’s saying a lot when you have a picky 4 year old boy – and an even pickier 13 year old sister. And I love that it cooks entirely in just one pot – that makes the cleanup easy too.
I’ve used cheddar cheese in this recipe, but you could use any combination of cheeses that you like. I imagine you can’t really go wrong with that part!
Here’s what you need:
In a large pot, brown up 3/4 of a pound of ground chuck with 1 diced onion & a couple cloves of minced garlic. Drain off any excess fat.
Stir in 4 cups of chicken broth, 1 14.5 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 1/2 cups of kidney beans (white or regular – drained & rinsed), 2 teaspoons of chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, salt & pepper.
Stir in 10 ounces of uncooked elbow noodles. Bring to a boil; cover – reduce heat & cover until the pasta is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Stir in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Or, you can substitute any other kind of cheese you wish.
Stir in the cheese until it’s melted. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
Garnish with fresh parsley for a little bit of color if you want. Perfection!
- ¾ pound ground chuck
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1½ cups kidney beans, drained & rinsed (white or regular or a mix)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10oz uncooked elbow noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or sub your favorite cheese)
- chopped parsley leaves to garnish (optional)
- Brown the ground chuck, onion, & garlic in a large pot. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, & pepper. Stir in the elbow noodles. Bring to a boil; cover & reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked through.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until melted. Season with salt & pepper if needed. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Side note – this Cheesy Buttermilk Herb Bread is my favorite thing to serve alongside this dish!