I’ve been making this Crockpot Pepperoni Beef for what feels like forever. Well over 15 years now. It’s one of my favorite go-to recipes for a super easy & yummy dinner.
This recipe only requires 4 ingredients (yes, only 4!) and a crockpot. I usually use a chuck roast in this dish but you can also use a cut such as a sirloin tip roast if you like. Since it slow cooks all day, the result is always tender & falling apart. The pepperoncini pepper is not hot at all, so this is not a spicy dish. It just adds the perfect balance of flavor without the heat. My kids LOVE this!
I prefer to serve these on buns as a sandwich (using the juice as an au jus & dipping the sandwich in it… YUM!) – but you can totally eat it as is too. It’s also really good served over rice or noodles – an inside of tortillas or pita bread.
My absolute favorite thing to serve these on are my homemade onion rolls as shown in my pictures. They are SO good!
- 1 3-pound chuck roast
- 1 16oz jar pepperoncini peppers (liquid too!)
- 1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (optional)
- If you'd like, you can sear the chuck roast on each side to brown - or you can just put it in the crockpot un-seared. I prefer to sear mine first, but it's optional.
- Place the roast in your crockpot. Mix together the beef broth & Italian salad dressing mix with a fork. Pour over the roast. Pour the jar of pepperoncini peppers (and juice!) over top. Add the garlic if you're using it. Put the lid on your slowcooker & cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred with 2 forks & return to the crockpot with the juices.
- Serve. I like mine on sandwich buns (with melted provolone cheese!) served alongside a cup of the au jus from the crockpot to dip my sandwich in. It's also delicious served by itself, or on rice, noodles - or inside a tortilla or pita bread.