Berry Chia Granola Bars
Berry Chia Granola Bars – these granola bars have blueberries and strawberries inside along with the nutritional punch of chia seeds. It’s like a berry cobbler, but in a granola bar.
I love having granola bars on hand for easy snacks or breakfasts on the go. I especially love when I have the time to make them myself instead of buying them in the store because I can control what goes in them (and what doesn’t!). Many of the store-bought versions are laden with sugar and ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
Because I love them so much & the convenience factor of having them on hand, I have several different recipes that I use to ensure that we never get tired of the same flavors and rotate them accordingly to what’s in season, what ingredients I have, or just what my tastebuds are craving at the moment.
Some of my favorites to make are:
- Strawberry Cobbler Granola Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars
- Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bars
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter ‘Larabars’
- 2 Ingredient Cashew Cookie Bars
And now to add to that favorites list are these delicious Berry Chia Granola Bars.
Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very little calorie count and are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, & are a good source of protein. They really don’t have much flavor so they are a great thing to add to these granola bars for a nutritional power punch without it tasting like you’re eating ‘health food’, so to speak. I love them!
The chia seeds pair so well with the blueberries and strawberries in this recipe, and along with the oatmeal – they also do a really good job of filling you up.
Not only are they nutritious and delicious (oh lookie, I made a rhyme haha) – they are ridiculously easy to make too.
Here’s what you need:
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together except for the strawberries and blueberries. Mix until just combined. The mixture will be thick so use your hands if you need to. That’s what I do.
Fold in the berries, being careful not to over mix.
Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Let cool completely before slicing.
I like to wrap mine individually in plastic wrap & then I store them inside of a gallon sized ziplock bag. You can keep them on the counter for a couple days or for up to a week in the fridge. They are better at room temperature to me so I’ll refrigerate mine, and take them out the night before or first thing in the morning. A few seconds in the thaw setting of the microwave does wonders too 😉
Berry Chia Granola Bars
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the strawberries and blueberries. Mix until just combined, the mixture will be thick so you may want to use your hands. They are the best tool!
- Fold in the berries, being careful not to overmix.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper & spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the granola bar mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!