Praline Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Coming up with new recipes is a favorite pastime for me. Seriously. I have a notebook on my nightstand for those ‘ah-ha’ moments that come to me as I’m laying in bed at night.
These cookies were one of those ‘ah-ha’ moments, although they didn’t come at night like most of mine do. This one came as I was looking through my baking cabinet – craving something sweet, but not wanting to go to the grocery store either.
I pulled out some toffee chips, pecans, chocolate chips, brown sugar – and I thought, ‘Hey why not put a praline spin on a cookie? Oooh…with chocolate….and toffee!’
I don’t really care. I want another cookie.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 (11.5oz) bag of toffee baking bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt – stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, toffee bits, and pecans. Drop by tablespoon fulls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.