Apple Pecan Baked Brie
Apple Pecan Baked Brie – only 7 ingredients and one of my favorite Baked Brie recipes. It’s absolutely delicious!
I could eat Brie every single day. It’s a cheese that I never had growing up and was really only introduced to it in the last 10 years – but after I’d had it, I craved it. Like really craved it. It is very rare that I don’t have a wheel of Brie in my fridge at any given time. I have a handmade Brie baker from a local potter – it fits a wheel of Brie perfectly. Sometimes when I want a snack, I pop some Brie inside and bake it up for a quick and easy snack. Sometimes I throw on some jam, like apricot, sometimes I add nuts and fruits, sometimes balsamic, there are so many ways to ‘do up’ a wheel of Brie cheese. Today, I’m going to share with you one of my favorites – my Apple Pecan Baked Brie.
When baking Brie, do I leave the rind on or off?
The rind of Brie is completely edible, so it’s all in personal preference.
Personally, I slice off the top rind (and give it to my chickens, who love it!) and forming a brie bowl, if you will. This makes it super easy to eat.
Sometimes, I slice the entire wheel of brie in half through the middle and pile toppings in the middle and on top. Total wowza factor! I did this in the photos in this post. After slicing it through the middle, I place the bottom half in a dish – rind side down. Then a layer of toppings, the other half of brie, and then more toppings. So easy but it looks so fancy.
You can do it with the cut end of the top brie facing up or down. Facing up with produce a gorgeous sandwich effect.
With the top brie facing cut side down will provide one easy ‘rind free’ brie dipping area – and then as it melts, some of that brie runs into the bottom of the pan…
This is my personal favorite. 😉
What ingredients do I need to make this Apple Pecan Baked Brie?
Here’s your cast of ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tart apple, such as granny smith, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
How do I prepare this recipe?
It’s super simple!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the diced apple, cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, & cinnamon. Cook and stir for about 5-8 minutes, or until the apple is tender.
Cut the Brie horizontally in half.
Place bottom half in a 9-in. pie plate. Top with half of the apple mixture.
Replace the top of the brie. Top with remaining apple mixture.
Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
Sometimes I add a drizzle of balsamic glaze to the top, sometimes I don’t. Totally up to you!
Serve warm with crackers.
Apple Pecan Baked Brie
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small tart apple, like a granny smith peeled & diced small
- 1/3 Cup Dried cranberries
- 1/3 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 round Brie cheese 8 ounces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the diced apple, cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, & cinnamon. Cook and stir for about 5-8 minutes, or until the apple is tender.
- Cut the Brie horizontally in half. Place bottom half in a 9-in. pie plate. Top with half of the apple mixture.
- Replace the top of the brie. Top with remaining apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.