Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
These Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon, & baked. They are amazing! You will be surprised at just how easy these are!
Today I’m going to share with you one of my favorite things to make – Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños. They are so easy to make, only requires a small handful of ingredients, & they are crazy good.
I first shared this recipe with y’all back in 2010, which was my very first year posting on the blog. The pictures from back then were atrocious to say the very least, and since this is seriously one of my fave recipes – it deserved a reboot… and a new photo or four.
To make these jalapeno poppers, you only need 5 or 6 ingredients. Well, Crystal – which is it? 5 or 6? That depends on if you use the optional green onions. I use them when I have them, but I don’t go out of my way for a grocery store trip to pick some up if I don’t have any. Since green onions are so easy to regrow from the scraps, I usually have some on hand in my kitchen window. So, add them if you want – or don’t add them. These are all sorts of amazing either way you look at it… errr, make it.
*These are also freezer friendly – both raw & cooked. Best flash frozen & put into a ziplock – or in a food saver.
First, put on some gloves. You don’t want to chance touching your eye later and having some serious eye burn going on.
Cut your jalapenos (the bigger the better in terms of pepper picking!) in half & scoop out the seeds & membranes. I like to leave the stems attached because it gives it a little handle, and well – I think it looks pretty.
Combine some softened cream cheese, a good handful of shredded cheese, and a few diced green onions (if using). Stuff the mixture inside of your hollowed out jalapeno peppers.
This recipe calls for equal parts of softened cream cheese & shredded cheddar… then the optional chopped green onions mixed in. So, you can easily make as many (or as little) jalapeño poppers as you want.
I like to place my stuffed jalapeños on a wire rack sitting atop of a baking sheet. Raising them up allows for even heat distribution. Give the wire rack a spray of nonstick cooking spray first to prevent any stockage.
Cut each slice of bacon in half, and wrap it around the stuffed jalapeno. Secure it with a toothpick.
Now, brush on some barbecue sauce over the bacon.
Bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour. You can turn on the broiler for a couple minutes afterwards if you’d like to brown up the bacon a little more.
SO. MUCH. YUM.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 10-15 large jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice I like sharp cheddar
- 3-4 green onions diced (optional)
- 1 pound of sliced bacon sliced cut in half
- barbecue sauce to taste
- Slice jalapenos in half & scoop out the seeds & membranes with a spoon. Use gloves!
- Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, and green onions in a bowl. Stuff your jalapenos with the mixture. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with a bacon half. Secure with a toothpick, & brush with a good helping of barbecue sauce.
- Cook at 275 for 1 hour on a wire cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet. Turn the oven to broil for a few minutes to brown the bacon up more, if desired.
- This recipe calls for equal parts of softened cream cheese & shredded cheddar... then the optional chopped green onions mixed in. So, you can easily make as many (or as little) jalapeño poppers as you want.