BBQ Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Hey friends, I’m Alisha! I blog at Makeovers & Motherhood where I tackle making over the “challenging” parts of our lives… anything from parenting to organizing the home and turn it into something beautiful. I even gave our food a makeover! Trying to stay away from refined sugar and processed foods, you’ll find easy to make recipes that will keep the whole family healthy and happy!
Food presentation and fun are two key parts to meals in our home. Sadly Cheetos arranged on a plate to form a picture doesn’t count as lunch!
I’m talking about using whole, healthy (okay, mostly healthy) foods in fun ways. Sometimes our fun comes from mood… streaming Mariachi music while enjoying a chicken enchilada dinner. Sometimes our fun comes from food… being transported to the tropics over a meal of Luau Boats.
Not every meal needs to be beautiful or monumental. Some really are best served at the picnic table over paper towels as plates. But slowing down and having a prettied up place at the table can be monumental for family connection.
Today’s recipe is all sorts of fun… it’s stuffed, it’s wrapped, it’s brushed… it’s AWESOME! Full of savory BBQ bacon flavor and bursting with a surprise cheesy center, your family and guests will be bursting with excitement as their dinner is served up!
BBQ Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Jalapeño cheese shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup jalapeño slices optional… I use tamed jalapeños for flavor, not heat
- 8 strips of bacon turkey bacon can be used if chicken is baked in the oven
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- Combine cream cheese and shredded jalapeño cheese in a small bowl.
- Dice jalapeños and stir into cheese mixture.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast. Make sure not to filet the breast open too far or cut through the bottom. You will want to create a deep pocket that you can close back up.
- Spoon the cheese into the chicken pocket. I use the back of the spoon to press in as much as possible.
- Manipulate the chicken so that even with a bulge of cheese filling, you can mostly close the chicken back up.
- Wrap each breast with two strips of bacon.
- Brush chicken with BBQ sauce. (This step can be done before cooking or after… or both!)
- Cook chicken.
- Grill: Preheat grill on high. Add wrapped chicken breasts. Turn heat down to low-medium. Cook for 10-15 minutes per side. (Note: grilling may cause cheese to ooze out into grill.)
- Oven: Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve breasts by halves or slice on an angle in 1” segments and fan out on serving platter or plate.
do you think it will be ok just to use sour cream no chives or anything in it?