Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Dip
This Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Dip is fabulous! All the delicious flavors of the best stuffed mushrooms, but in dipable form!
I make the best stuffed mushrooms. I don’t even like mushrooms, but I love them. Actually, everyone who’s ever tried it – even the mushroom hates – have fallen instantly in love with it. It’s almost like it has magical powers… Magical powers that hypnotize your tongue & have your tastebuds pleading for more!
I make them all the time. My family just can’t get enough of them. And, I kid you not when I tell you I despise mushrooms – but I adore my stuffed version. Even I can’t stop eating them.
The only thing that I don’t like is stuffing the mushrooms. It’s not a horrible thing to do, but it’s not my favorite thing to do either. That’s how the idea for this Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Dip was born. No mushroom stuffing needing! Just chop them up and add them to the filling – and dip chips into it!
It’s a great appetizer, side dish, football game food, eating with a spoon, etc. Plus – the leftovers (if you have any) are perfect heated up & spooned on top of grilled chicken breasts. Oh yes. You may want to make double just so you can have the pleasure of serving this atop of chicken. YUMMMMM!!
Here’s what you need:
First thing is first, cook up a package of bacon. A pound is best (more bacon!) but if all you have is a 12oz package, you can use that too.
In a skillet, melt a tablespoon of butter. Add in one large diced onion, season with salt & pepper, & sauté until lightly browned. Stir in a couple cloves of minced garlic, & cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Mix in about a dozen or so diced mushrooms. Cook on medium-high heat for about 7-9 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned & tender. Season with a little salt & pepper.
Break up an 8oz package of cream cheese & add it to the skillet.
Stir it around until melted & combined.
Stir in a heaping cup of cheddar cheese & about 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
Spread the mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 casserole dish – or a pie dish as I did.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheddar cheese & the remaining bacon.
Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until cheese has has browned.
Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, celery, or whatever else that suits your fancy!
Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Dip
- 1 pound of bacon cooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 container whole fresh mushrooms about 12-16, chopped
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- diced green onions to garnish optional
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Saute the diced onions for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned, seasoning with salt & pepper while cooking. Stir in the minced garlic & cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add in the chopped mushrooms, season with a little more salt & pepper. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until the mushrooms have lightly browned and are tender.
- Add in the cream cheese. Stir around until it's melted & combined. Turn off the heat, & stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese & 3/4 of the cooked bacon. Spread the mixture into an 8x8 or 9x9 dish (I used a pie dish). Top with the remaining cheddar cheese & cooked bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is browned. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Oh my word! That looks amazing! I love stuffed mushrooms but you’re right, stuffing them is a pain! Great idea to make it into a dip!
Hi Crystal, great bacon dish! How about adding it to the Food on Friday: Bacon collection over at Carole’s Chatter? Cheers
Hello cute lady! This looks incredible. Pinned. We really appreciate you taking the time to stop by our party. It wouldn’t be a party without you. Please join us on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls
Pingback: Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers - Mrs Happy Homemaker
I hate mushrooms. We made this. I loved it! It was so unbelievably good. You are so right, it’s magical! I want to take this and turn it into mac n’ cheese. I was thinking maybe two packs of cream cheese, plus some milk and even more cheese. But I’m not a great cook, so what do you think? I want these flavors with some mac.
Pingback: Stuffed Mushroom Spiral Chicken - Mrs Happy Homemaker