Cheesy Herb No Yeast Bread
This Cheesy Herb Bread is my favorite homemade no yeast bread recipe. It is also super versatile so you can switch it up easily based on what you have on hand or what you are craving. Quick, easy & delicious!
This Cheesy Buttermilk Herb Bread is so super easy to make. It’s a no yeast bread recipe and it’s all sorts of delicious. If you make it as the recipe says, it tastes almost exactly like a Red Lobster biscuit – but baked into a bread. Oh my.
It’s also super versatile – you can switch it up so easily!
How versatile this bread is – well, that’s another favorite thing of mine about this recipe. It’s so easy to switch up the ingredients and flavors based on what you have on hand or what you are craving, and the bread still comes out perfect each and every time. Don’t have or want an Italian seasoning kind of bread? Add what you like. In the video of me making this at the bottom of this post, I actually had ran out of Italian seasoning and so I used this Pesto Parmesan Seasoning and I might like that just a little tad more than the Italian seasoning. You can also switch out the cheese for any cheese you want – or leave it out completely and add a couple tablespoons of extra flour.
Just do it 😉
It’s quite easy to make, you since you don’t have to use yeast in this recipe – there’s no time lost by having to let it rise. It’s simply just mix & bake. And it’s so good. So, so good!
Here’s what you need:
Mix together 2-1/4 self rising flour, 1 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 5 ounces of shredded parmesan cheese, & 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese. Every once in a while, I’ll throw in some chopped sundried tomatoes in it & that’s really good too.
Sir in 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons olive oil & 1-1/4 cup buttermilk.
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the dough evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with a little minced parsley if desired.
Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. If the top starts to turn to brown, place a piece of foil on top of it until the bread is done.
Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before slicing.
We love this versatile no yeast bread recipe and I hope that you all do too!
Cheesy Buttermilk Herb Bread
- 2-1/4 self rising flour or use all purpose & add 2 tsps baking powder & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- extra minced parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pepper, salt, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, & shredded cheddar cheese. Mix in the eggs, olive oil, & buttermilk.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the dough in the pan. Sprinkle with minced parsley if desired. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Place a piece of tinfoil over the bread if it starts to brown too much. Let cool on a wire rack before turning over & slicing.
If you like this recipe, you may also like this recipe!
Cheddar Garlic Buttermilk Biscuits
Pingback: One Pot Chili Macaroni & Cheese - Mrs Happy Homemaker
What size loaf pan please? Would love to make this.
Just a normal sized loaf pan – I use my meatloaf pan 🙂
Recipe looks easy and delicious! You mention in the video that the batter will resemble a drop biscuit batter consistency….can this be done as drop biscuits instead of in a loaf pan? Any modifications to the recipe or procedure?