Crockpot Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup
With tender pork chops smothered in a mushroom sauce so good you’ll want to lick your plate clean, this easy peasy recipe is all about Southern comfort food. This is the perfect dump-and-go Crock Pot recipe that’s ready when you are!
If you love mushrooms, you’ll love this easy slow cooker pork chops recipe! With a creamy sauce and plenty of extra mushrooms, this is my kind of dinner.
I especially love that this is an easy Crock Pot recipe. Everything goes into the slow cooker, then just set it and forget it! It’ll be smelling great and ready to eat by the time you come home. The best part, however, is that this dish is so affordable! I can feed the whole family for not much cash, but it tastes like a million bucks!
This recipe was inspired by one of Naomi Judd’s recipes from her cookbook (insert name with an affiliate link). It’s one of the first recipes I ever made for my family, and I’ve been making it for more than 20 years.
Y’all – if you’re a slow cooker fan like I am, THIS recipe will be one of your favorites, too!
There’s nothing fancy in this Crock Pot pork chop with mushroom soup recipe – and you may already have everything in your fridge and pantry!
- Cream of mushroom soup – You’ll need 2 cans. I like using the low-sodium cream of mushroom soup.
- Sauteed mushrooms – Saute mushrooms in butter, or use canned mushrooms.
- Garlic powder – Not garlic salt.
- Black pepper – A few grinds of fresh black pepper add so much flavor!
- Worcestershire sauce – Dig that bottle out of the back of your fridge – a splash adds so much to this dish!
- Pork chops – See my suggestions below for the best chops to use in this recipe.
- Fresh thyme – To garnish the top of the dish (optional).
What Kind Of Pork Chops For The Best Crockpot Pork Chops With Mushroom Sauce?
This recipe works well with a variety of different pork chops, but my favorite are the thin center-cut pork chops. You know, the boneless ones with very little fat on them?
They cook up so delicious in this easy recipe, and there’s no bone to worry about!
You can use other kinds of pork chops, including thicker ones, but you may need to adjust the cooking time. You’ll know this dish is ready to eat when the pork chops are fork-tender!
How To Make Crock Pot Pork Chops With Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Stir the cream of mushroom soup, canned (or sauteed) mushrooms, garlic powder, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce together in the bottom of your Crock Pot or slow cooker.
- Nestle the pork chops down into the sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Adjust the seasoning, garnish, and serve!
- If you use bone-in chops, be sure to rinse them to remove any bone chips.
- I buy cans of mushroom soup when they’re on sale and keep a few cans on hand for this recipe.
- You can use a whole boneless pork loin roast (about 1 pound) and cut it into cubes instead of chops.
- Pork tenderloin will also work in this recipe.
- Sauteed mushrooms add so much flavor and texture to this dish, but canned mushrooms also work.
How to Serve
The sauce in this recipe is so amazing that you for sure need something to soak up all that goodness. There’s nothing like Mama’s Buttermilk Biscuits or mashed potatoes with this recipe.
A vegetable side dish will turn this recipe into a feast! Try air fryer broccoli, 2 ingredient green beans, or baby carrots to round out your meal.
Smothered pork chop leftovers will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this is an easy Crock Pot pork chops recipe. Saute the mushrooms; then everything goes into the crockpot and cooks until finished. And, when you use thin pork chops, it cooks quickly, too!
Once the mushrooms are sauteed, this recipe will take 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
Yes, as long as your slow cooker is big enough to handle the extra ingredients, go ahead and double it! You may need to add extra time to the cooking process, so allow for that.
Crock Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup
- 2 14.5oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/4 Cups sautéed mushrooms (optional)
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 thin sliced center cut pork chops about 1 pound
- fresh thyme to garnish (optional)
- In a slow cooker, stir together all ingredients except for the pork chops. Nestle the pork chops into the bottom of the slow cooker and cover with the sauce.
- Cover & cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Love love love this recipe ! Thank you !
My husband is 76 today and this is his birthday dinner.
Thanks again 🙂