Easy Caramel Apple Trifle
Apples & caramel go hand in hand. Ever since they got married, that is. ‘Cus apple is one class act. Caramel, not so much – but she’s tons of fun. 😉
This trifle is full of all the flavors you love when you mix caramel & apples together – so yeah, super delectable comes to mind. Also – super duper easy! Yup, you can make this one in a pinch & it’s guaranteed to impress. Well, I guess in order to impress you’d have to share it with someone…. so that one’s up to you 😉
Here’s what you need;
First thing you need to do is make up the cake mix according to package directions, bake it, & then let it cool completely. Once it’s all cooled, break it up into chunks for the trifle.
Also, prepare a large container of vanilla pudding to package directions & let it set. The rest is layering.
So, all you do is layer the cake, jarred caramel sauce, vanilla pudding, apple pie filling, & cool whip in a trifle dish – in that order. And then repeat it all over again.
And you may wanna finish off the whole thing with cool whip & caramel – just because it looks pretty.
Caramel Apple Trifle
- package spice cake mix prepared according to box directions & cooled - broken into chunks
- 1 family size box of vanilla pudding prepared according to box directions
- 1 jar caramel sauce I love using salted caramel sauce!
- 1 family size container Cool Whip
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- Layer all the trifle ingredients in a bowl in this order - cake chunks, caramel sauce, vanilla pudding, apple pie filling, & cool whip. Repeat until trifle bowl is full. Top with cool whip & caramel sauce.