Easy Donut Monsters #HalloweenTreatsWeek
These EASY DONUT MONSTERS are a fun, edible craft for kids & adults of all ages. A dessert & activity all in one & no baking required!
Welcome to Day 5 of #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I’ve teamed up with a great group of sponsors & they sent some free goodies to make this week of recipes happened. As always, all opinions & general chit chat is all 100% me.
This is such a fun edible craft for kids of all ages (and adults too!). My son and I had a ball making these. We had a chance to get creative, cook together, make our food talk to each other, laugh, & eat a pretty yummy dessert when we were all done. With a variety of candies, you can make a whole cast of characters! Scary donut monsters, baby donut monsters, witchy donut monsters, wonky donut monsters, anything goes – and that’s what makes it so fun!
This is one of those things that you just can’t mess up, which is absolutely perfect when you have kids! Their are no Pinterest fails here, this is just all fun and even if you mess up – it still looks cute. See the donut in the image below? The one with the pretzel stick arms & the eyes looking down? Yeah, they weren’t supposed to look down… lol.
I used a bit too much cookie frosting & my eyeballs drooped. She looks like she’s looking down at something & freaking out and I may have reenacted a play with her… complete with Mama monster donut & baby monster donuts… May have. May not have. Not admitting anything here. 😉 I put two baby donut monsters on her little pretzel arms (along with a very stylish pumpkin hat) & my mess up instantly turned into a donut monster mom freaking out over her mischievous donut kids. Haven’t we all been there?! LOL
You start off with already made donuts. I’m from North Carolina so I’m gonna tell you to get you some Krispy Kremes. Go when the ‘hot’ sign is on outside & eat all the donuts you can while they’re fresh. Really stuff yourselves y’all, those things are good… and worth it. Then, order some more donuts and take them home to make Donut Monsters with. 😉 Here’s some ideas of items to help you monsterize your donuts.
- mini donuts (we made feet out of them & baby monster donuts)
- candy eyeballs (different sizes if you can – I got mine from Wilton & TreatStreet)
- food coloring (I used Adams)
- almond bark
- mini chocolate chips
- cookie frosting (I used Wilton)
- cookies, we made feet out of them (you can ‘glue’ them with icing or melted almond bark)
- frosting (make your own or use store-bought)
- candy corn
- candy pumpkins
- sprinkles (I love the variety that Sweets and Treats Shop has)
- licorice strings
- pretzel sticks
I hope y’all enjoy making these Donut Monsters as much as me and my son did.
Happy creating – and Happy Halloween!
Easy Donut Monsters
- Here's some ideas of items to help you monsterize your donuts.
- mini donuts we made feet out of them & baby monster donuts
- candy eyeballs different sizes if you can - I got mine from Wilton & TreatStreet
- food coloring I used Adams
- almond bark
- mini chocolate chips
- cookie frosting I used Wilton
- cookies we made feet out of them (you can 'glue' them with icing or melted almond bark)
- frosting make your own or use store-bought
- candy corn
- candy pumpkins
- sprinkles I love the variety that Sweets and Treats Shop has
- You can get so very creative with these donut monsters & make them all sorts of ways. There really is no wrong way, use your imagination! Here are a few ideas to ideas though to get your started.
- Color frosting & melted almond bark with food coloring color(s) of your choice.
- Cut the very ends of the donuts off, making an upside down "U" shape. Use frosting or melted almond bark to glue cookies or mini donuts to the cut ends, making feet. You could stick the white part from candy corns in to give them 'toes' too if you wanted.
- Use toothpicks & gummy eyes to give eyes with height - or cookie icing along with small, candy eyeballs to put the eyes on the donut itself.
- Cut the orange & yellow off of candy corns, where only the white tips remain, and use for toes & for tiny baby donut teeth
- Use full size candy corn as teeth.
- Make candy pumpkin 'hats' for your donut monsters.
- stick in licorice strings for 'hair' or use pretzel sticks
- Use pretzel sticks for arms
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Moonshine Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Brownies from The Redhead Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors! Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!