Grilled Cheese Bacon Crescent Squares
My Grilled Cheese Bacon Crescent Squares are insanely delicious. Only needs 3 ingredients! This is a blockbuster of a recipe! Guaranteed to be an instant favorite!
I’m a sucker for cheese. The more cheese the better. Recently, I made these insanely delicious Grilled Cheese Fries that completely blew my mind with all their addictive qualities. After the first batch, I had to make another batch. Followed by another batch. And maybe even another batch after that. But, in my defense, my kids had friends over, and I literally had a teenage boy hanging beside my stove inhaling them as they were done. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
As I was
inhaling enjoying my own servings, I thought to myself that the only way these could be any better was with the addition of bacon. However, if you’ve checked out the recipe – you know it would be nearly impossible to add bacon to them. Well, I’m sure it could have been done – but it would have been a pain in the booty. And when I’m cooking, I try to make recipes that don’t cause booty pain. You feel me?
I needed to do something though because the thought of it had already invaded my brain – and my taste buds were beginning to beat the inside of my mouth with a hammer because they wanted something like that so badly. Ok, so maybe I exaggerated that last statement… but only by a tiny itty bitty bit. What? Your taste buds don’t torture you with hammers when they aren’t getting their way? I don’t believe you. 😉
So, I grabbed the same basic ingredients that the grilled cheese fries called for – which if you read the recipe, you already know it only needed 2 ingredients. Crescent rolls & Velveeta cheese. And to shut my brain up & stop the whole taste bud torturing I was enduring, I pulled out a package of bacon and fried it on up. Mmmm, bacon. Now we’re talking.
Honestly, I made this up as I went. I took some quick pictures just in case the recipe was a success. And if you are paying any attention what-so-ever to the pictures in this post – you already know this recipe was definitely a success.
Actually way more than just a success. It was a gosh darn blockbuster.
3 ingredients people! Simple, fast, cheap, – and full of all that taste bud tantalizing deliciousness we all crave when we put food in our mouths. What more can you ask for? Well, yes – maybe the numbers for a winning lottery ticket… But I’m a food blogger y’all – not a psychic. 😉
Here’s what you need:
Unroll a can of crescent rolls & press the seams together. Press it out a little to stretch it out a bit with your hands. A little tip, I lightly floured my countertops just so I didn’t have any chance of crescent rolls sticking to my counters.
Lay a good layer of cheese on top. I used Velveeta just because I love how gooey it melts. I know not everyone is a fan of it, so feel free to use whatever cheese you like. Just make sure you put a nice layer of it on the crescent rolls.
Now for the bacon. I fried up a pound’s worth – minus a couple pieces because, well… I just couldn’t resist eating a couple pieces. I have to keep my womanly figure somehow.
Lay out your bacon all on top of the cheese.
Unroll the other can of crescent rolls & top it all of with it. Press all the seams together both on top and all around to seal in all that cheese & bacon goodness.
You’re gonna want it to easily pull apart into squares after it’s cooked. So, grab a knife or pizza cutter (I totally prefer a pizza cutter for this!) and slice it into squares. Then, using a large spatula – take the entire thing and lay it on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
The trick is to line up the squares you just cut on the baking sheet exactly the way that you cut them – with no separation between the squares. This keeps the cheese where it belongs. Refer to the picture below if you have any confusion.
Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, or until the top of the crescent roll squares are nicely browned. Let them cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes before grabbing one and digging in.
YUM! YUM! YUMMMMM!!!
Printable recipe after the recipe video!
Grilled Cheese Bacon Crescent Squares
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- Velveeta cheese - sliced or substitute your favorite cheese
- 12 oz or 16oz package of bacon cooked
- flour for dusting optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly flour your work surface if you don't want any crescent roll stickage.
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls on your work surface. Using your hands, press the seams together and lightly press & stretch a little into a nice rectangle. Add a layer of cheese (I like a pretty thick layer, & I use Velveeta because I love how it melts) & then add your layer of bacon. Unroll the remaining can of crescent rolls on top & press all the seems together both on top and all around.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife (I prefer a pizza cutter personally) slice into squares. Place the entire thing on your baking sheet using a large spatula, working in batches if you need to. Lay all the squares right beside each other, just as they were before you sliced it. You want all the cut seams to be touching so that your cheese doesn't leak out. Refer to the pictures in the post if you need to.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the top of the crescent rolls are lightly browned. Remove from the oven & cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes before digging in. The crescent squares will pull right apart. Serve & enjoy!