Homemade Pizza Bagel Bites
My kids love these Homemade Pizza Bagel Bites. You only need 4 ingredients to make them and they are freezer meal friendly too!
My big freezer cooking day will be coming up in the next week, and one item that is always on the list to make are Homemade Bagel Bites. These are WAY WAY better than the ones you buy in the grocery store!
But, they are homemade – so that’s to be expected 😉
They are super easy to prepare – and they freeze beautifully. I like to make several batches to go into my freezer for easy go-to meals when I don’t have much time. Who am I kidding? I never have much time. 😉
What do I need to make Homemade Pizza Bagel Bites?
Only a handful of ingredients!
- miniature bagels, pulled into two halves
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni – you could also use ham, sausage, etc – or just leave the meat off completely for a vegetarian option
- Italian seasoning (optional) – sometimes I sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top, sometimes I don’t, so I consider it optional!
You can get so creative with these! You could add all sorts of vegetables. Anything that you like on a full size pizza will work on these mini bagel bite pizzas!
How do I go about freezing these Homemade Pizza Bagel Bites?
After prepping them with all your pizza toppings, lay them on a baking sheet and set them in the freezer until they are frozen. Then, remove and wrap in wax paper, parchment paper, freezer paper, or aluminum foil – and store them in a large ziplock bag.
When you are ready for one, just take out however many that you want to cook. Cook at 375 for 20 minutes from frozen. (350 degrees for 8-10 minutes from thawed or freshly made).
These are a bit on the addictive side. 😉
If you like freezer cooking – you can find my full freezer friendly recipe section here.
Homemade Pizza Bagel Bites
- 1 bag of miniature bagels
- 8-12 oz of mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz of pepperoni chopped (or ham, or leave out!)
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning, to taste optional
- Spread the pizza sauce over the mini bagel halves. Top with cheese & pepperoni. You can also use ham or leave out the meat. You really can get super creative with these - adding veggies, etc. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, to taste.
- If you are cooking them now, put them into the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- If you are freezing them like I do, place them on a baking sheet & freeze until firm. Then pop them into freezer bags. I like to wrap them with aluminum foil before putting them in the freezer bags - just to be double sure no nasty freezer burn hits them. From frozen, cook at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Lay all the bagel halves out. Combine the shredded cheese, chopped pepperoni, & pizza sauce. Spoon a couple tablespoons onto each bagel half.