Lemon Icebox Pie (aka Lemonade Pie)
My memory only goes so far. Sometimes it doesn’t go very far at all. Like those moments when I walk into a room to get something, but when I get there – I have no idea what I went to go fetch. Please tell me this happens to you too! My memory loss is the reason behind this post today. Not the recipe itself – but the date of this post. You see, I’m a little late…
I make this recipe all the time, and had taken photos early in the summer in plans of posting it for you all to enjoy as well. Then that danged ol’ memory loss kicked in – and I must have spaced out or something because here it is the middle of September, and it’s just now going up. Hey, at least it’s not December… always a bright side, right?
As for the memory loss – I blame it on my kids. And my husband. It’s definitely not my age. 😉
This recipe, however, is definitely not one to forget. I’ve been making it for my family for 10 years or more. It’s creamy, delicious, refreshing, & absolutely delightful.
Here’s what you need: (the blueberries are totally optional, I was just feeling the blueberry love last time I made it)
Beat together the softened cream cheese, thawed lemonade concentrate, & sweetened condensed milk until smooth & creamy. If you have an electric mixer, it makes the job super easy. Gently fold in the cool whip. Spread the mixture into a prepared 9″ graham cracker crust & pop it into the freezer until set. (store in the freezer as well)
I usually buy a larger container of Cool Whip than needed & serve the slices with a dollop of it on top. It’s super pretty with a thin lemon slice set on top too, don’t cha think? 🙂
Lemon Icebox Pie
- 1 9- inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 8 oz container cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip thawed
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the thawed lemonade concentrate, softened cream cheese, & sweetened condensed milk until smooth & creamy. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread the mixture into a prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust & freeze until firm. Store in the freezer.
- Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip & a thin slice of lemon if desired.