Peaches and Cream Cake
This Peaches and Cream Cake is SO darn delicious & it’s super easy. Warm dollops of cream with sweet peaches, you can’t get much better than this recipe!
For this cake, you can use either fresh peaches or you can use canned peaches!
I have oodles of peaches right now. Late last week at the farmers market, I bought a bushel of them for a really great price. We have been eating on them during the weekend, but I knew I had to do something with the large number that we had to keep them from going bad. Today, I set to work doing just that. I blanched all of the peaches to do different things with them.
Blanching peaches is SO easy, & the most effective way to remove the skins. All you do is drop them into a pot of boiling water for about 45 seconds, & then immediately plop them into a bowl filled with ice water. The peel comes right off.
Secondly, I canned a few quarts of peaches with a medium syrup for future use.
Lastly, I made my favorite peach dessert, Peaches & Cream Cake! Oh my – this is SO good! The best peach dessert by far in my opinion! Plus, it’s a fantastic brunch option – we’ve certainly been known to eat a helping of this delightful cake for breakfast! I’ll show you how to make it!
(You can use canned peaches as well, 2-29oz can, drained)
Combine 1.5 cups of self rising flour with 2 (3oz) boxes of Cook & Serve vanilla pudding.
In a large measuring cup or separate bowl, whisk together 1 stick of melted butter, 2 eggs, & 1 cup of milk.
Pour that into the flour/pudding mixture & beat with an electric mixer for a couple minutes.
Empty your cake batter into a cake pan or large casserole dish.
Time for the peaches! I used 6 large blanched peaches, sliced. When I wanted to make this cake & didn’t have any fresh peaches on hand, I have substituted 2 (29oz) cans of canned peaches, drained. Press your peach slices into your batter.
Beat 2 (8oz) containers of softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, & 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract until smooth & creamy. Dollop it all over your cake batter.
Stir together 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon & 1 tablespoon of sugar – and sprinkle that over the entire cake.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
This cake is great eaten both warm & cold! Although, I have to say – I prefer mine warm. Just pop a serving in the microwave & enjoy!
You may also like these delicious recipes!
Peaches & Cream Cake
- 1.5 cups of self rising flour
- 2 3oz boxes of Cook & Serve vanilla pudding (NOT INSTANT!)
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 8oz containers of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 large peaches blanched, peeled, & sliced (or 2 29oz cans of sliced peaches, drained)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Combine the flour & vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl. In a seprate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, & milk. Pour the liquid mixture into your flour/pudding mix – and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a cake pan or large casserole dish.
- Press your peach slices into the cake batter.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla extract with an electric mixer until smooth & creamy. Dollop on cream cheese mixture all over the cake batter. Combine 1 tbsp sugar & 1 tbsp cinnamon & sprinkle it on top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.