Regina’s Strawberry Pie
My friend Regina has the BEST strawberry pie recipe you’ve ever had – and she’s been kind enough to share it with all of us! This is a MUST-MAKE!
Today begins what I am calling ‘Friends Week’ here on the Mrs. I have asked several of my friends to provide one of their favorite recipes to share with all of you here. These lovely friends of mine graciously accepted, and went to work preparing the recipes & doing a little food photography.
Take it away, Regina!
Regina's Strawberry Pie
- 16 oz. bag frozen whole strawberries
- 1 3- oz. strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups strawberry juice/water
- 1 deep-dish baked pie shell
- whipped cream
- Cut strawberries in fourths while still frozen. Thaw strawberries in a strainer over a bowl to capture the strawberry juice. (There will only be a small amount of juice.) In a 3 qt. saucepan, mix gelatin, sugar, and cornstarch. Put the juice from the strawberries into a 2-cup measuring cup and finish with water to equal two cups. Gradually add the juice/water mixture to the saucepan, and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture is boiling and is clear and thick. Set aside and let cool until mixture is at room temperature. Add the thawed strawberries. Pour into a baked pie shell. Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Top with whipped cream before serving.
- *I buy a 32 oz. bag of frozen, whole strawberries and use half of it.
You may also like these delicious recipes!
Apple Cream Pie with Cinnamon Roll Crust
Blueberry Cloud Pie with Rice Krispie Crust
Pingback: Strawberry Marshmallow Pie with Meringue Crust - SO GOOD!