Secret Recipe Club – Pan Seared Chicken Sandwiches w/ Pesto Mayonnaise
This is my very first month to be involved in a fun cooking adventure called The Secret Recipe Club, where you are assigned a cooking blog & make a recipe from there. No one knows who has tried what recipe & from whom until they see the posts today.
The website that I have this month is Jane over at TheHeritageCook.com. She has a great cooking blog over there & while browsing her recipes I came across these Pan Seared Chicken Sandwiches with Pesto Mayonnaise that looked awesome. So, I whipped them up & not only were they delicious, but they were super easy too!
Secret Recipe Club - Pan Seared Chicken Sandwiches w/ Pesto Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 tbsp prepared pesto sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes cored & sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices bacon fried to a crisp
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 soft croissants or other sandwich rolls I used homemade onion sandwich rolls
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, & thyme. Whisk until smooth. Pour into a resealable bag.
- Using a sharp knife, slice chicken breasts in half horizantally creating 4 thin cutlets. Place in the bag along with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise & pesto. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on the stove on medium heat until really hot. Place the chicken (discard the marinade) in the pan & cook for a couple of minutes on each side until done & nicely browned. Place the cheese slices on top & let melt.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise on each side of the bread. Place lettuce leaves on the bottom halves of the rolls. Place the chicken on top of the lettuce. Top with 2 slices of bacon & sliced tomatoes.