TikTok Pasta My Way featuring Morel Mushrooms
I took the viral TikTok Pasta recipe & made it creamier and more flavorful with the addition of cream cheese and some more vegetables to the mix.
Have you seen the TikTok pasta trend? Maybe you’ve even tried it. It seems like it’s almost everywhere these days!
Well, I had to try it and I have to say that it was ‘just ok’. I mean, it wasn’t bad. But it wasn’t anything to write home to Mama about either, if you know what I’m saying. It was definitely lacking some creaminess and some flavor for me as well.
So, I had to revamp it some. Make it my own and make it more into something that I wanted to make again and again. And y’all, I think I’ve done it!
First I had to attack the creaminess issue in the original recipe. The feta alone just wasn’t cutting it, so I added a block of cream cheese to it and that totally fixed that issue perfectly.
Next, flavor. The cherry tomatoes were just lonely and needed some veggie friends – so I introduced them to my buddies asparagus and mushrooms. And not just any mushroom you guys… morel mushrooms! I have been looking for them for years and finally, this year, I found about 4 pounds of them. Total score! And yes, I squeeled. Loud. Huge moment for me!
Don’t be fretting about not having morel mushrooms on hand. I know that less than 1% of you reading this probably have any so don’t worry! Just use any other mushroom that you like instead. That’s what I will do next time I make this dish because I’m all out until next morel season.. and this dish is too good not to make.
This is also fabulous as a cold pasta salad. I can’t decide which one I like more. This served hot, or this served cold. Guess that’s not a bad decision to have in a recipe though. Best way is to have it hot for dinner, and then eat the leftovers cold for lunch if you ask me!
What do I need to make Mrs Happy Homemaker’s version of TikTok Pasta?
Here’s your ingredient list:
- 8oz block feta cheese
- 8oz block cream cheese
- About 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil – enough to coat your veggies and cheese
- 1 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of asparagus, cut into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces
- a few cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of mushrooms – if you don’t like mushrooms, leave them out or add extra of the veggies you do like
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of cooked pasta of your choice, I used corkscrew (Cellentani)
You can add cooked chicken to the end of this if you’d like to make the dish more ‘hefty’.
How do I prepare this pasta recipe?
The beauty of the TikTok pasta trend is how easy the preparation is. The preparation of this version is equally as simple!
Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Around the perimeter of the dish, arrange your tomatoes, asparagus, garlic, and mushrooms. Place the feta cheese block and the cream cheese block in the center. I lay the feta down first, and then I simply lay the cream cheese down on top of it making an ‘X”. X marks the spot 😉
Next, drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Stir the mixture together to make the ‘sauce. Add in the cooked pasta and stir to combine and throughly coat the pasta with the sauce.
This is delicious served both hot and cold. Make it for dinner tonight and serve it hot and eat the leftovers tomorrow cold as pasta salad!
Mrs Happy Homemaker’s Version of TikTok Pasta
- 8 Ounce Feta cheese block
- 8 Ounce Cream cheese block
- a few cloves of garlic
- 1 Pint Cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 cup Asparagus Cut into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper To taste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 1 Cups Cooked pasta, like corkscrew or rotini or elbow noodles
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Around the perimeter of the dish, arrange your tomatoes, asparagus, garlic, and mushrooms. Place the feta cheese block and the cream cheese block in the center. I lay the feta down first, and then I simply lay the cream cheese down on top of it making an ‘X”. X marks the spot 😉
- Next, drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Stir the mixture together to make the ‘sauce. Add in the cooked pasta and stir to combine and throughly coat the pasta with the sauce.This is delicious served both hot and cold. Make it for dinner tonight and serve it hot and eat the leftovers tomorrow cold as pasta salad!
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy these delicious recipes too!
Baked Pizza Tomatoes – the delicious, healthy and low carb alternative to pizza!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!