Shrimp & Spinach English Muffin Pizzas
We love these delicious low calorie Shrimp & Spinach English Muffin ‘Pizzas’ a whole heck of a lot!
They are an easy (and healthy!) meal idea, a great appetizer or snack, and the perfect Super Bowl party food. YUM!
I love how simple these Shrimp and Spinach English Muffins are. They are one of my favorite lower calorie meals and they come together quickly. A English muffin makes the perfect miniature pizza crust with all the nooks and crannies they contain… and they are the perfect size.
These babies are not only a delicious meal, but they make for a great party snack or appetizer too. These would be perfect for a Super Bowl Party as well. Just put them out and watch them disappear. You could easily make them vegetarian friendly too by leaving out the shrimp – or change the protein up a bit for different flavor combinations. Chicken and steak are both yummy replacements for the shrimp.
You could even make some steak, some chicken, some shrimp, some meatless – and let guests pick out which ones they would like. (Leftover protein works great in this recipe!)
How do I make these Shrimp and Spinach Mini English Muffin Pizzas?
They are very easy to make!
Here’s the cast of ingredients: (full printable recipe at the bottom of this post!)
- English muffins, separated (you can use whole wheat, white, etc – whatever your preference is)
- minced garlic
- fresh baby spinach (or use frozen spinach that has been thawed & excess liquid squeezed from it)
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- diced onion
- small salad shrimp
- mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- olive oil
Saute the spinach & onion in a little olive oil until the spinach is cooked & the onions are translucent. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Brush the inside of the English muffin halves with olive oil. Spread the spinach mixture evenly on the English muffins. Mix together the parmesan and mozzarella cheese & sprinkle it over the pizzas. Arrange the shrimp and cherry tomato halves over top. Roasted cherry tomatoes are really good on this too. If I have the time, I will roast some beforehand for these or pull some out of the freezer. I grow a ton of cherry tomatoes in the summer just for roasting and freezing. Love having that fresh roasted summer tomato taste all year long.
Bake on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn it up to broil for 30-60 seconds if you want to brown up your shrimp a little more. Sprinkle the mini pizzas with crushed red pepper, if desired.
Shrimp & Spinach English Muffin Mini Pizzas
- 6 english muffins, split in half
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small to medium onion diced small
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups small salad shrimp (no tails, deveined) (or more or less depending on how much shrimp you want)
- 24 cherry tomatoes halved (or use roasted cherry tomatoes)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste optional
- olive oil
- Saute the spinach and onion in about a teaspoon or so of olive oil in a hot skillet until the spinach has wilted and the onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook another 30-60 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the insides of the english muffins with olive oil. You can season the english muffin with salt and pepper, or with garlic salt and pepper, if desired. Distribute the spinach mixture evenly across the english muffins. Combine the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and sprinkle over the mini pizzas. Top with the shrimp and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes if you want.