Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite salad dressings – and it’s completely homemade. And easy. And budget friendly. And yummy. And all of those things that you all know I rank pretty high on the ol’ good recipe scale.
This Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette is seriously out of this world delicious. Not only is it the perfect accompaniment to your salad – but it also doubles as one absolutely fantastic marinade for your meats!
It’s a must try, y’all. And maybe you didn’t know this, but May is National Vinegar Month – so this I thought this would be a great time to share this taste bud tantalizing recipe with all of you!
Here’s what you need:
First, you need the main component in any vinaigrette – red wine vinegar of course! I’m a bit of a vinegar (and olive oil) snob… so you’ll see me using Pompeian most of all. It’s my fave – and quality counts y’all!
You’ll need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
Pour the red wine vinegar into a medium sized bowl, & add in 1/3 cup of honey. I love using local honey, when available.
Whisk it together well to thoroughly mix the honey in with the vinegar.
Ok, now the the smoked paprika. Once upon a time I thought paprika had no flavor whatsoever & was only used to make deviled eggs colorful. Then I walked into a spice store near where I live in NC called Savory Spice – where I met the assistant manager there, Ashley. The more I went in there, the more we talked & further acquainted we became – and I started taking recommendations from her. Well, she pointed out the smoked paprika that they sell there, and had me take a little sample on my finger. Wow! Blown away! Nothing like the typical paprika that I have been buying for as long as I remember! So, the moral of that little story? Get a high quality smoked paprika for this recipe. There is a HUGE difference, & it has such a wonderful flavor profile. You will never look at paprika the same. Ok, I’m jumping off my paprika soapbox now & continuing on with the recipe 😉
Add in 1 & 1/4 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
Now, add in the rest of your spices – 1 tbsp ground mustard, 1 tbsp lime juice, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp oregano, & 1/4 tsp sugar.
Whisk it all together.
Now, as you’re whisking it together – slowly pour in 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Keep whisking as you’re slowly pouring it in.
Pour the mixture into a major jar (or other airtight container) and let the flavors meld in the fridge for at least an hour before using.
Can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 weeks with no problems.
Pour over salad – or use as a marinade. Either way, it’s absolutely delicious! Let’s keep #DressingItUp!
Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Pompeian red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika use a good quality for best flavor
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup Pompeian extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar with the honey, keep whisking until thoroughly combined. Add in the smoked paprika, ground mustard, lime juice, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, & sugar. Whisk together until combined.
- Slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil while whisking continuously. Pour the vinaigrette into a mason jar or other airtight container. Place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving before using.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 weeks with no problem. Process in a water bath for 15 minutes for longer storage.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post & am part of the #PantryInsiders by Pompeian. All opinions & general ramblings expressed are completely my own.