Homemade Strawberry Bread (Strawberries & Cream Bread)
We love this homemade Strawberry Bread! It’s made with fresh strawberries and tastes like Strawberries and Cream (aka Strawberries & Cream Bread).
Try using other fruits/berries in it too – this is a very versatile recipe and is my ‘go-to’ fruit bread.
This Strawberry and Cream Bread is one of my favorite breads to make. A slice of this makes a super delicious breakfast, snack, brunch, or dessert. It’s easy to make and so full of flavor. Plus, it’s so easy to switch up with different fruits. Don’t feel like strawberries? Use peaches or blueberries – blackberries or raspberries. Even apples are delicious!
It’s amazing both warm and cold. It’s good plain BUT if you want an extra special treat, try it warm with a smudge of Nutella on it. Oh my… It makes me swoon just a little. 😉
If you have any left over after a couple of days, make a few slices into French toast. It’s amazing, you guys!
Or, really level up your breakfast game and use this Strawberries and Cream Bread in my Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast.
Printable recipe after the video tutorial of me in my kitchen making this delicious bread recipe!
If you like the combination of fruit and cream, you will probably also love my Peaches and Cream Cake – it’s won a few blue ribbons!
Strawberries & Cream Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups bread flour all purpose can also be used
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or milk)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. With an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, & cream cheese. Mix the eggs in one at a time, & then stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Combine the flour mixture with the wet mixture; add buttermilk & stir just until combined. Do not overmix! Gently fold in strawberries. The mixture will be thick. Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before inverting and slicing.