Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
I make breakfast 2 times a day on weekdays & once a day on weekends. I get up at 5:30am to make my husband some before he has to go in to work, and again a few hours later for my children & myself. Sometimes I don’t feel like cooking a hot breakfast twice a day so, muffins have surely become a huge staple in our house, and I am always trying to come up with new & different ones.
With strawberries being so plentiful right now, I decided I wanted to come up with a strawberry one. But, not just your standard blueberry muffin recipe with strawberries replacing the blueberries. I wanted something more unique than that.
So, after a couple trial & errors – I came up with Strawberry Shortcake Muffins. My family loves them, and I even tested them out on a few friends – and they definitely proved to be a winning recipe. I hope that you all will enjoy them just as much as my family and friends do!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup of diced strawberries
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat the wet ingredients together. Then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in 1 heaping cup of diced strawberries.
- Fill the muffin cups ⅔ full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins. You can serve them as is, or slice them in half & top with a dollop of whipped cream.