Stuffed Hot Dogs
Hot dogs are kind of a staple item here. We like them cold from the fridge, cut in halves & fried (which if you haven’t tried, you NEED to!), covered in chili & cheese, or just slathered with mustard.
There is no need for a side of chips with this particular way of making hot dogs though as my Stuffed Hot Dogs calls for crushed up potato chips!
You can also use crushed up corn chips, and it is equally as good that way – just adds a little bit of a different flavor to it.
Let me just say that we L-O-V-E these dawgs!! If you can help it, don’t add anything to it after it’s cooked (like mustard, ketchup, or relish). Leave it just the way it is before topping it with your usual standard ingredients. I guarantee you after having one bite, you won’t want to add a single thing!
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup crushed potato chips or corn chips
- ½ onion, diced small
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 10 beef hot dog weiners, split lenthwise
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix cheese, crushed up chips, diced onion, ketchup, & Worcestershire sauce. Stuff the mixture into each of the split hot dogs. Just a note, it's easier to use your fingers for this step!
- Place a cookie sheet & bake for 20 minutes.