White Chocolate Carrot Poke Cake
I seem to get my best recipe ideas when I’m trying to go to sleep at night. I keep a pad of paper and a pen by my bed for this very thing. Back when I didn’t keep that pen & paper by my bed, you’d have had probably laughed at what I’d look like sometimes in the morning. If I got a lot of recipe ideas while I was waiting for sleep to come, then I’d be liable to wake up with notes written not just on my hands…. but up & down my arms.
Not long ago, one of those ideas hit me. And I couldn’t find my pen & paper. Pretty sure one of the kids snagged it, unless it was my husband itching to see me walk out of the house with food notes written down my arms like a walking cookbook. I wouldn’t put it past him… 😉 But anyway, the idea hit – this time it was for a Carrot Cake Poke Cake. And what should I fill the pokes with? Well, white chocolate of course. Sure sounded good to me!
It sure turned out good too! I had trouble staying away from this one…. It was just too good. No one in my family could stay away from it for that matter, and it was gone in 24 hours flat.
It’s SO super simple, so you have no excuse to not whip this up immediately. Like right now. And, go!
Here’s what you need:
You will also need the ingredients on the back of the box of cake mix. (A good trick to remember is to use milk instead of water and add an extra egg to make a cake mix taste like homemade!)
Mix together your cake mix batter, and pour it into a 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray (or Baker’s Joy).
Bake according to the box directions.
When the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes on it using the handle of a wooden spoon.
Whisk together a can of sweetened condensed milk with 1 3/4 cup milk.
Mix in a small box of white chocolate pudding mix.
Allow the mixture to sit for 1 minute, and then pour it over the cake – making sure to get it in all the holes in the cake.
Let the cake cool completely. I put mine in the fridge to hurry the process along. I’m a little impatient.
Once the cake is cooled, frost it with cream cheese frosting. You can make it homemade, or you can use 2 cans of storebought cream cheese frosting like I did.
Slice you up a piece or 3 and enjoy!!
White Chocolate Carrot Poke Cake
- 1 box carrot cake mix (plus ingredients called for on back of box
- 1 small box white chocolate pudding mix 3.4oz
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1 batch homemade cream cheese frosting or 2 cans of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven according to the back of the box.
- Prepare cake mix as back of the box states. I personally like to swap out the water called for and use milk instead, as well as add an extra egg. It makes it taste more homemade, but this is completely optional.
- Bake according to directions on back of the box. Once the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over it using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk with 1¾ cup milk. Mix in the white chocolate pudding mix, and allow the mixture to stand for 1 minute. Pour the mixture over top of the hot cake, making sure to get the pudding mixture in all of the holes. Let the cake cool completely, and then frost with cream cheese icing (homemade or 2 cans of store bought).
- Store in the refrigerator.