Truth be told. I love cinnamon rolls. Like a deep down kind of love, maybe even passionate to an extent. I mean, their cinnamon rolls!
Sadly, some days my super mom cape is at the dry cleaners though, and I don’t have the time (or energy) to make them from scratch.
Enter the best short-cut method ever. You only need 4 ingredients, and one of them is a can of crescent rolls.
Other than the crescent dough, the only other things you need are melted butter, cinnamon, & brown sugar. Roll out your crescent roll dough, taking care to press the seams together. Brush on the melted butter & then sprinkle on brown sugar & cinnamon to taste. Then gently, but tightly, roll up.
Cut 8-10 even slices from the roll.
Place in a miniature muffin pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Meanwhile, prepare your icing. Whisk together 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, & 3/4 cup confectioners sugar until smooth. Drizzle on the cinnamon rolls while they are still warm.
Inhale with your nose.
Then inhale with your mouth.
Repeat until no more rolls remain.
Bake another batch.
- 1-8oz tube crescent roll dough
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon skim milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll can directions.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough take care to be sure the seams are sealed. Brush on the melted butter, & then sprinkle on brown sugar & cinnamon to taste. Cut the roll into 8-10 equally sized portions. Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. Place a mini cinnamon roll in each cavity. Bake according to crescent roll directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing. Whisk together the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, & confectioners sugar. Drizzle on warm cinnamon rolls.