CHEESY SAUSAGE EGG MUFFINS – these delicious breakfast bites only require 4 ingredients & less than 30 minutes of your time. Great make ahead breakfast & freezable too!
I used to be one of those people who just didn’t eat anything for breakfast. The only thing I would consume before noon would be coffee, cream & sugar. I never had a lack of energy either. I honestly functioned pretty well considering. But that was in my younger days. I’m getting older (aren’t we all? such a drag!) and my body doesn’t function the way it used to. Ever since I hit 35, my tummy craves some fuel first thing in the morning. If I haven’t eaten within an hour of waking up, I get very sick to my stomach. So, needless to say, skipping breakfast is definitely a thing of the past for me!
I have really been expanding my ‘radar’ for breakfast recipes in the past year. It’s easy to get tired of the same thing! One of my favorites is this super easy recipe for Cheesy Sausage Egg Muffins. They are only 4 ingredients & couldn’t be simpler to make.
They are delicious – and you can make up a bunch at one time for the fridge or the freezer. Yes – they’re even freezer safe! I just grab one from the fridge, wrap it in a paper towel & microwave it for 30 seconds and enjoy!
They’re good as is, but I love to splash a little hot sauce on mine when I eat them. You could use hot sausage in the recipe too if you like it a little spicy. I use mild sausage & splash on my heat afterwards so I don’t burn my kids tongues. 😉
I’ve also made some pretty decent lunch muffins by using Italian sausage instead, Mozzarella, & adding some Italian spices.
This is definitely a recipe you can get creative with!
- 1 pound ground sausage, cooked
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 to 2 cups of shredded cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it)
- salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground sausage with the Bisquick, eggs, & cheese. Season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Scoop the batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with extra shredded cheese if desired. Sometimes I add a little sprinkle of paprika if I'm feeling 'fancy'.