Breakfast Crescent Ring – with Bacon, Eggs, Hashbrowns, & Cheese
I love this Breakfast Crescent Ring! All the classic flavors of breakfast – bacon, eggs, hashbrowns & cheese – wrapped up in a crescent roll ring. EASY TOO!
Breakfast, it’s the most important meal of the day. That’s what the experts tells us, and they are dead on. It really is. However, breakfast can get boring – and breakfast recipes aren’t as easy to find as others.
I was inspired to make this because a lot of my friends were making taco rings. I loved the concept, and decided to apply it in breakfast casserole type of way using my favorite breakfast ingredients – bacon, eggs, cheese, & hashbrowns.
This whole thing is really easy. Follow along, you’ll see.
Cook your bacon in skillet until crispy, reserving the grease for later use. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a large round casserole dish, or on a large pizza stone – place your crescent rolls in a circle, overlapping – leaving the middle hollow like a donut, as shown.
Cook the hash browns in the reserved bacon grease for about 5 minutes. Add in the onions – cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
Using a fork, scramble the eggs. Cook in a hot skillet until done.
Now, let’s layer the ingredients in. First the hash brown & onion mixture.
Top with the eggs & crumbled bacon.
Pull the crescent rolls over the filling & tuck inside the ‘hole’.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Look how pretty it bakes up! Now this is my kind of breakfast.
Printable recipe after the video tutorial!
Breakfast Crescent Ring
- 2 8oz cans crescent rolls
- ½ pound bacon grease reserved
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 medium sized red onion chopped
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices American cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon in pan until crisp. Reserve grease, & drain bacon on paper towels. Crumble when cool. Meanwhile, in a large round casserole dish or on a large pizza pan, lay out your crescent rolls, wide ends in the center, & points overlapping, making a wreath-like shape. (Refer to photos above)
- Cook the hash browns on medium-high heat in the bacon grease for 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped red onion & cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs with a fork. Cook on medium heat until done. Melt the cheese on top, stir – and set aside.
- Layer the components inside the crescent roll ring as follows. First the hash brown/onion mixture, then the cheese eggs, followed by the crumbled bacon. Wrap the outer points over the filling, and tuck the ends in the center.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 17-22 minutes.