The BEST Apple Dumplings EVER. And you only need 6 ingredients to make them. The secret ingredient may seem a little crazy, but trust me on this!
It’s that time of year where the weather is starting to finally cool down & the leaves are slowly starting to change colors – and that means it is also apple picking time! We went out to the orchard earlier & bought a whole slew of different varieties of apples. Some for just eating, some for baking, some for making applesauce, some for apple jelly & apple butter – and who knows what else. I just love apples. It is hands down my favorite fruit of all.
I wanted to make some kind of apple dessert after dinner…but was running a little short on time, so my usual apple pie was out of the question (for now!). I decided to prepare some Caramel Apple Dumplings, & my family sure was glad that I did. I have to admit, I was pretty stoked about these little gems too!
Here’s what you need:
Yes, that is Mountain Dew in the ingredient picture. Yes, it is a little odd – but trust me…it’s good!
In a medium saucepan, melt the 2 sticks of butter. Whisk in the sugar & cinnamon. Pour the caramel-ly sauce on top of the apple dumplings.
Pour on the Mountain Dew…
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Spoon you out a dumpling or three & make sure you drizzle some of that ooey gooey-ness on the bottom of the dish on top! A scoop of vanilla ice cream or butter pecan ice cream is a must too!
Printable recipe after the video tutorial!
- 2 large Granny Smith apples peeled and cored
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 cups of Mountain Dew 12 fluid ounces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown