Green Bean Salad
This Green Bean Salad is a spin on one of Jamie Deen’s recipes and it is oh-so delicious! Super easy and a must make.
My garden is overflowing with green beans right now. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten as large as a bounty as I have this year.
With all this delicious abundance, I wanted to do something a little different with them. I came across Jamie Deen’s recipe for Green Bean Salad, and decided to make it. Only problem for me was that the original recipe calls for feta cheese, and I’m not exactly a fan of it. At all. But I am a huge fan of Parmesan, so I decided to make it anyway and sub shaved Parmesan for the crumbled feta.
This one is seriously YUM! I will be making this recipe again & again!
Here’s what you need:
First, take a pound of green beans & boil them in salted water for 1-2 minutes. Then remove them with a slotted spoon to a large bowl full of ice water to immediately stop the cooking process.
Meanwhile, drizzle a little olive oil in a saute pan. Toast the slivered almonds for 2-3 minutes.
Drain the green beans, & pat dry. Set aside. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, garlic, salt & pepper.
Combine the green beans, halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes, red onions, & shaved Parmesan.
Pour the dressing on top, toss to combine. Sprinkle with the toasted almond slivers.
Cover & refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate before serving.
Green Bean Salad
- 1 pound slender green beans ends trimmed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese crumbles
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the green beans and cook until tender crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Use a spider to remove to a bowl of ice water. Drain well, pat dry and place the beans in a large bowl. Combine with the shaved Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and red onions.
- Toast the almonds in a small skillet, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, garlic and some salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the green beans and sprinkle with the toasted almonds. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.