2 Ingredient Cooked to Death Green Beans
Cooked to Death Green Beans – You only need two ingredients & they are as easy as can be.
This, my friends, is my favorite way to cook green beans…
…and it’s so easy!
The name of them comes from something my Mama says. When you ask her how she likes her green beans, she’ll tell you each and every time that she likes ’em ‘cooked to death’.
These are definitely cooked to death, and are my kind-of green beans for sure.
When I mentioned they were easy, that is an understatement. Is there a level of easiness beyond just plain easy? Because that would be this recipe.
You simply take a bunch of fresh (that have been trimmed of stems & washed) and cover them with chicken broth. Bring it to a boil. Once it’s boiling, put a lid on it, turn it down to low, and keep the pot covered. Let it simmer for 2 hours, stirring every once in a while.
The results will be the best, melt in your mouth, full-of-flavor green beans you’ve ever had in your life. My friends, they don’t really get any better than this.
If you like this recipe, you might just like these too!
- My Favorite Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Salad
- Lemon Garlic Green Beans with Crispy Crumbs
- My Favorite Squash Casserole
Cooked to Death Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans washed & trimmed of any stems (you can sub frozen green beans but they won't be AS good)
- 4 cups chicken broth or more to cover
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the green beans in a large pot. Cover with chicken broth. Bring to a boil, put on a lid, and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!